Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: why would you want to go on a Celebrity cruise after reading my message?
No reason 1 100.00%
Beware of what you get 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2006, 01:20 PM

My, my...

For some reason I thought this site was designed to enable people to share their comments (negative as well as positive) about their respective cruise experiences. I didn't realize it was only intended only for those whose impressions are 100% supportive of the cruise industry and cruising in general. Mea culpa.

Contrary to Penny's understanding, the originaly posting that prompted my response(s) was a negative review from a Celebrity client/passenger whose experience was less than positive. She had a number of comments to make about her cruise and her overall disappointment with it quite apart from the theft of her valuables. Amongst other things she didn't like the food, the entertainment and the lackadaisical attitude of the ship's staff.

I had no comment to make about the theft from her luggage, but certainly agreed with her overall impression of Celebrity -- and specifically wanted to express my own disappointment with "Galaxy".

I, too, found the ship less than satisfactory. The food was unpalatable, the service was not very good, and the "entertainment" was on a par with something I might have expected 40 years ago in a sub-standard resort in the Catskills.

The issue of tipping came up when someone responded to the original post with the suggestion that if she had tipped better throughout the cruise she might have gotten better service. Frankly, I found this ludicrous and responded accordingly.

Perhaps if Penny had bothered to acquaint herself with the facts she might have realized that it was her note that was out of order -- not mine.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:36 PM

So sorry, didn't mean to intrude on your tirade. Just wanted to lighten the load a bit as you were not voicing opinions, rather lashing out at others. I stand reprimanded and will leave you to your happiness. Best wishes!
Old 12-13-2006, 03:16 PM

LOL...

Even in your "apology" -- if that's what it was -- you still manage to patronize me... which is exactly what ticked me off in the first place.

From the outset, my so-called "tirade" was nothing more than an attempt to confirm the original comments made about Celebrity and "Galaxy".

Now was I "lashing out" at anyone. I was simply trying to balance the condescension implicit in the comments of other correspondents who made it seem as if everything that had gone wrong was the fault of the passenger.

I certainly do not need you or any of the other busybodies who took exception to my remarks to upbraid or berate me.

I stand by my original comments. Celebrity is not the paragon of virtue it pretends to be and our cruise on "Galaxy" was extremely disappointing.

Caveat emptor...
Old 12-13-2006, 03:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Peejay43:
I stand by my original comments. Celebrity is not the paragon of virtue it pretends to be and our cruise on "Galaxy" was extremely disappointing.

Caveat emptor...
Okay, your disappointment is duly noted and Celebrity must sadly look towards a future without your patronage. Now may we move forward and leave this topic to a long overdue death? And since I can do something about that, I will. This topic is closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
beware, cruise, employees, princess, star