Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 01:08 PM

I know that at least one person in this forum does not think that paying for Concierge Class is worth the extra money. How do others feel about it?
Old 09-23-2007, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Is concierge class worth the extra $? Yes and no. IMO, much depends on the ship, where you are sailing, and the importance you place on Captain's Club cruise credits.

We had a CC cabin on Century a couple of months ago. Our cabin was exactly like the non-CC balcony cabins one deck below us -- same size and layout -- and same size as the oceanview cabins (aside from layout and that the OVs have no balconies). We probably had different bath products, but I don't recall.

We visited an OV cabin, and the main differences I found were that the CC cabins had towels and robes that were more plush, we had a fresh flower in the bathroom, and had more items on the breakfast room service menu. We did not need other services on this cruise, such as priority tendering, as we docked in every port. Priority disembarkation was nice, yet we didn't need the priority embarkation line as the Captain's Club Line was shorter. (Of course, this last one varies from cruise to cruise.)

We did think this a pretty economical way of getting an extra cruise credit toward our Captain's Club membership. It was enough to push us up to the next level.

A year ago, we had a standard balcony cabin (not CC) on Infinity, and our traveling companions had a CC. Their cabin was more spacious than ours.

So -- all that said -- I'd consider it on the M-class ships (Millennium, Infinity, Summitt, and Constellation) mainly due to the extra cabin space, or on a ship that tenders in several ports. When we return to Century (and notice I said "when," not "if"), and if there are not tendering ports, I'd save the $. JHMO.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:50 AM

Thank you Lisa, for your very informative reply.
I think we will just use the extra money for drinks, laundry, etc. As this is our first cruise with Celebrity we are not yet concerned with points but may have to keep that in mind in the future.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 PM

Just came off Celebrity Constellation from a CC room. Don't think it' worth the extra. Room is the same as non-CC. Only benefit was canapes served each day, but they weren't very good.
Can order almost anything to room service vice the small menu available to most guests, fresh flowers in the room. The biggest advantage was a priority pass to get on the tender, but if you have no tender ports, it won't matter. Loved it, but wouldn't pay extra again. Just stay in a regular balcony room.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:56 AM

All in all, I don't think CC is worth the money, but would mention that the balcony furniture is nicer and is cushioned. If you're inclined to spend a lot of time on the balcony, that furniture is a lot more comfortable.

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, century, class, clebrity, conceirge, concierg, concierge, consierge, cruise, extra, it, millenium, money, review, service, summit, worth