Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2006, 09:05 AM

Hi,

We would like to book the Mercury for January 2007. We are interested in the Mexican Riviera and booking a Concierge Class.
What do you think about the ship,itinerary and the category.
We cruise on Infinity before and had a great time. We also cruised on Carnival,Costa,Holland America,QM2 and QE2
Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 PM

Of course the Mercury is an earlier class of ship than the Infinity, so you will not find the physical plant as stunning, but the Mercury's Mexican Riviera run is a great cruise! I did it about a yera ago (or so) and did a MEGA review on her and the itinerary that you will find here:

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Mercury41.htm

It is a wonderful itinerary and overall a great cruise. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Tom
Old 02-13-2006, 04:54 PM

We just booked 11 Night on the Mercury Monday January 29th,2007 out of San Diego (Mexican Riviera
We booked a Sky Suite Concierge Class Suite # 1206 (sky deck)

When in January are you thinking of goining
If You Have not picked a date yet feal free to join us.

My E-Mail Address is stur2@woh.rr.com

STUR Dayton,Ohio

Quote:
Originally posted by alainbelgium:
Hi,

We would like to book the Mercury for January 2007. We are interested in the Mexican Riviera and booking a Concierge Class.
What do you think about the ship,itinerary and the category.
We cruise on Infinity before and had a great time. We also cruised on Carnival,Costa,Holland America,QM2 and QE2
Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 AM

Ports in Riviera are great, almost all have walkable events...can get taxi in Acapulco for like $3 to take u 2 cliff divers
Puerta is nice 4 walking around
All have walkable 2 beaches
Zjetenajo, u can rent scooters and cruise over to Ixtapa, cool isle
Old 03-22-2006, 06:13 PM

I just came back from that cruise on March 17th,2006. We were in cabin 1201. I was a little bit disapointed in our cabin. I thought it could have been a bit more clean. We really enjoyed the terrace.

I liked the size of the ship, not too big. The food was very good and the presentation was beautiful.

Please ensure that you have sweaters if you are planning on going on deck at night. We found that it was a bit chilly the first day and the last day at sea.

Hope that you will be luckier than us. So many people were sick on the ship, some even had to be quarantined and I am not talking sea-sick.

I really enjoyed the ports. My favorite one was Zihuatanejo-Ixtapa.

Have a nice trip.

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, class, concerge, concierge, logos, mercury, riviera