Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2008, 12:19 PM

Looking for advice from experienced cruisers. We are scheduled to dock at the Port of Miami at 7:00am and we have an 11:00am flight out of Fort Lauderdale. I DO realize that the timing is terrible but has anyone experienced this problem? What did you do in order to make it to your flight on time? Any suggestions (besides re-scheduling my flight)??? Thanks!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Administrator

The only thing you can do is make sure you are in the priority debarkation group for early flights and have reliable transportation to FLL waiting for you on the pier. Did you do the air booking, or was it arranged by the cruise line or an agent?
Old 01-22-2008, 12:52 PM

I arranged it myself........oops I'll know what to do next time! Is the disembark @ port of Miami pretty speedy?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Debarkation in Miami usually moves along well enough, but I have to tell you that of all the ports I've been through Miami has also had the most glitches. Last summer for instance - Customs suddenly lost their computer connections and had to totally suspend operations for close to an hour. They have no manual backup plan. Nobody was allowed to leave the ship during this time and many people missed their flights...from MIA which is just a short ride from the pier. Granted this is not common, and odds are you'll make your flight. However I wouldn't risk this scenario again.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:14 PM

Thanks for the advice!! Much appreciated. Are cabs (metered and non-metered) all over the place once we are off the boat?
Old 01-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Administrator

There are lots of cabs, but another option would be to look into reserving your own shuttle service. We've used Top Shuttle and like them - very reliable.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:50 PM
The ride is a short one to the airport.....we usually have a 12:30 flight and don't leave the ship until 9 or so and get there in time...but if in doubt...take the express departure where you take your own luggage off...you can leave the ship as soon as it's cleared....Good Luck...
And yes, there are lots of cabs...
Happy Sailing

Bob E
Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The ride is a short one to the airport

Bob, do you mean MIA or FLL?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:19 AM

Have you considered contacting the airline and changing your flight so that you fly out of Miami? I realize that there is often a fee but it might be worth it for the peace of mind. The traffic from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale can be really busy during the week, so so on the weekends. If you can't change your flight, I would recommend a private car service and request the earliest disembarkation time. Hope it helps, have a great trip.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:45 AM

Also plan on doing express walk-off (carry all your luggage off the ship)

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, century, cruise, cruises, disembark, disembarkation, disembarking, late, long, miami, port, priority, ship, shuttle, time