Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2008, 01:42 PM

I have been on many cruises but first time on Celebrity. We are thinking about taking the Dolphin Encounter in Cozumel. There are 3 of em...they escalate in price. Which is the best? Anxious to hear. What about the Spa...same as Carnival with respect to what they offer and price? Really looking forward to trying a new line. Was disappointed in NCL. Last cruise on RCCL was ok...but disappointed no Lobster Tail. Anxious to hear everyone's opinions. Lay it on me Dave and Penny and all!!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:52 AM

Well, howdy PA Steve, haven't heard from you in a long time. Hope all is well with you. You need to do the swim with the dolphins, the encounter doesn't let you swim with them (have them pull you in the water). There should be one that says it's a Royal swim or something like that. It has the most time with them and lets them push you as well as pull you. I think you even get to be tossed. We haven't sailed Celebrity, yet, but I have some friends that went on Celebrity. They were married in St. Thomas on their cruise, so they may have been too much in love, but they raved about everything. They said the food was wonderful. You'll have to let us know what you think when you return. Have y'all tried Princess yet? We just got back from the Costa Mediterranea, it was a really fun time. We sailed on the Emerald Princess in November, she's a beautiful ship. Here are some pictures if you want to take a look at them. I know Dave has sailed on Celebrity, so hopefully he'll see your post. Best wishes and have a wonderful time!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:02 AM

I've been on the Century twice. She is a nice sized ship -- not to big, not to small. The Martini Ice Bar is pretty cool in more ways than one. Food has always been good on all my Celebrity cruises.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Administrator

HI Steve. I agree with Cruise Fanatic regarding the Martini Ice Bar onboard the ship. Definitely check it out. We also had some fun times in Michael's Club, right next door. They are two completely different types of areas, yet both highly enjoyable.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:35 PM

Penny and Lisa...Thanks for the nice words. Thanks for the advice on the Dolphins. Everything I've read about the Martini Bar sounds really nice. I can't wait to try to Suchi Bar at the end of a busy day! I'm always excited to try a new line and ship! Always like seeing a new line's entertainment too!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Administrator

How could I have forgotten about the sushi bar? I would stop there often for a bowl of miso soup, while my husband would indulge in the sushi. I did try a few pieces, and they were marvelous. It's located in the aft section of the buffet area. They even decorate it very nicely.

To be honest, I am not a "buffet" person, yet I was pleasantly surprised by the one on Century. Enjoy!

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, century, cruise, dolphins, price, swim