Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 07:07 PM

I was looking at some older posts. It appears the Galaxy is not in good shape. Someone mentioned it might be in for refurb in the spring. Does anyone know for sure? How would I find out? We were thinking about the transatlantic cruise in December.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Banned

I would certainly find out from someone who has sailed her if it has been refdurbished recently!If not I would find another ship. Celebrity lets thier ships get pretty rough before they do anything with them. They certainly are not what would be in the premium class. I have no axe to grind,but I do expect a nice clean, neat ship when paying the prices that Celebrity charges! All I am saying is check it out good before booking!
Old 02-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Hi luvcrusin. Galaxy is slated for a refurbishment in March/April... I remember reading that some time ago, but of course I cannot find the source when I need it. Century and Mercury have already had their refurbishments. We were on Century about a year after hers, and she looked great.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:26 PM

Just returned from the Millennium last Sunday. In the stateroom there was information about future refurbs for Celebrity ships. Mercury is scheduled for a complete refurb in Spring '09. The previous one was only a "mini" where they added aft cabins, replaced carpeting, and bedding. Seems the plan is to do what was done to Century last year. There was no mention of any refurb for Galaxy. Sounds like that ship will be going the way of the Zenith.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:28 PM

And oh, by the way, contrary to popular belief by some on this board, the Millennium was in GREAT shape!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:04 AM
Administrator

Welcome home, moonie!

You're right -- complete refurbs are still a ways off. Galaxy is supposed to be receiving a mini-refurb, mainly costmetic items such as new carpeting, floors, window replacements. Sorry if I implied that it was going to be on the scale of Century. Still, Galaxy should be looking much better by April.

Now, off to find that document I referred to...

Closed Thread