Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 04:51 PM

Not sure I understand the changes. It says no waited table option during casual dining. Does that mean you only get the waited table for formal dining, and for everything else you basically get all your food buffet style?
Old 11-30-2010, 05:00 PM
bob1958
No, the Main Dinning will be open for the 6 or 8:30 dinner as normal and the anytime dining as well. What won't happen now is in the Buffet they did close off a small section and make it casual dining with table cloths and a menu and waiters. Now that is gone and they will up the self serve buffet for people who do not want to go to the main dining, is my take on this. Sorry to see that go, it was nice and very few people were there, that is why they may have dropped it...

I DID REALY ENJOY IT A FEW TIMES

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Administrator

No. They are talking solely about the buffet restaurant's evening service and not the main dining room.

In the past on Celebrity they had part of the buffet seating set aside for table service at the nightly casual dinner. Last time I used it, it was a blend of self-service and waiter service, sort of like a family steakhouse. But that was a few years ago so I don't know if they had upgraded it to full service. Regardless, it is gone now.

They are eliminating the table service only in the buffet. You will continue to have your waiters every night in the main dining room regardless of the dress code for that night.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I've put on a jacket and tie for 30 years on my job and the last thing I want to do is put them on while on vacation, so it's good to be able to dress casually and get table service. I can understand the allure of formal nights but it's not for us.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob1958:
Thanks for the clarification. I've put on a jacket and tie for 30 years on my job and the last thing I want to do is put them on while on vacation, so it's good to be able to dress casually and get table service. I can understand the allure of formal nights but it's not for us.
You may want to look at their sister company Azamara they do not have any formal night always casual
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012

Closed Thread

Tags
buffet, celebrity, code, cruise, cruises, dining, dinner, dinners, dress, menu, olympic, options, reviews, time, times