Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 08:39 AM

This will be our first Celebrity Cruise. We're signed up for the 6:30 dinner but may otherwise choose to skip that and do casual dining on some nights. What are your experiences with the quality of the casual dining menu? On Princess we find it to be just a shade underneath the formal dining in terms of quality and diversity, but in the Celebrity description is seems to more resemble a fancy lunch menu than a dinner one.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 AM

The majority (not all) of items on the buffet will be the same as what's offered in the dining room. I've always found it to be very good.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cruise Fanatic:
The majority (not all) of items on the buffet will be the same as what's offered in the dining room. I've always found it to be very good.
This is quite a relief to read! My wife and I aren't much into formal dining because there's too much time sitting and waiting around, although chatting with folks you don't know can be a lot of fun (sometimes). We'll probably split the time between the buffet and dining room.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:56 PM

I found the dining room had very rich food every night. Too much actually; Even the buffet had a lot of calorie rich items. To be honest...I prefer Royal Caribbean buffet/dining room.

If you are searching for something more health conscience, try the aqua spa but I believe they only serve breakfast and lunch.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:15 AM
I found that a few nights we didn't want to go to the formal dinner. What they do on Celebrity now is take a small portion of the Buffet area and when the buffet is closed they turned it into "casual dinning" table clothes, waiters, menu etc. It was done in low lighting by the windows and was so quite and nice. Not many people at all. They asked for reservations and a $2 cover charge..so very worth it too. The menu was different than the main dinning room and did have less to choose from but had a beef, chicken and seafood dish, salad, dessert etc. We will be doing that one again a few times on our up coming cruise. I hope that continue this.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-16-2010, 04:36 AM

When you say "formal" do you mean "dress to the hilt" formal or just nice casual clothes formal? I bring dress slacks and polo shirts on cruises but I don't bring a jacket or tie.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:24 PM

Formal means jacket and tie require on these nights only.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Bob1958
My husband used to do the TUX all the time and now just brings a dark suit and tie for the formal nights. I do find more and more passengers are doing that. The airlines and the luggage is a hassle. The rest of the time is Resort Casual, Polo shirts or sport shirts.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-29-2010, 12:49 PM

Re.Janfred's post above, the 10/11/10 press room release says that Celebrity is eliminating the waited table dining option and expanding the casual buffet dinner menu. The old buffet was always a rather depressing, almost empty place in the evening and hopefully this change will liven it up.

I couldn't paste in the URL for the release, but Celebrity Press Room can be accessed from the Celebrity home page.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:38 PM
Administrator

Celebrity Revamps Casual Dining Venue

Closed Thread

Tags
buffet, celebrity, code, cruise, cruises, dining, dinner, dinners, dress, menu, olympic, options, reviews, time, times