Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   Thoughts on Celebrity Summit for young adults? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/36270-thoughts-celebrity-summit-young-adults.html)

LisaP 12-18-2010 03:45 PM

Thoughts on Celebrity Summit for young adults?

Hi all. We're in the early stages of planning a cruise with our adult nieces and their families, and I'm thinking of Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. I know I will love it as we've been on Celebrity numerous times, yet I'm not so sure about my girls. One is celebrating her 30th birthday and wants it to be festive, and one is in her mid-20s and is very much into singing and musicals. One niece is also a vegetarian. My 30-year-old nephew-in-law and 5-year-old great-niece round out our group so far. Looking for any feedback, so they can make an informed decision. Thanks!

janfred 12-20-2010 05:00 AM

LisaP,
I have been looking at your question since the 18th and it's hard. I did the Summit to
Bermuda in May and it was very nice. My daughter and son-in-law had a wonderful time. They even rented a jet ski right near the ship and we got great pictures of them zipping by from the ship. I can tell you a lot about that but to say if your family will love is the hard part. Of course you know RCCL has more for younger kids, but your group is older so I would think you would all have a ball and with so much to do in Bermuda who could go wrong. I just love docking at the Royal Naval Dockyard too.

LisaP 12-20-2010 06:12 AM

Thank you, janfred. You're right -- we can't go wrong with Bermuda! How cool is that to have photos jet-skiing by the ship! I forgot about all there is to do now at the Royal Naval Dockyard, especially for more active cruisers. We've never docked there, yet have visited while on other ships. I've asked my girls to select the ship (I'm happy anywhere), and want to be prepared if they ask me any questions. I know that the vegetarian menu is of utmost importance to one, so that's a main concern of mine as well.

Cruise Fanatic 12-20-2010 06:45 AM

Lisa,
The Vegetarian shouldn't have any problems as there is always a Vegetarian choice each night on the entrees.

LisaP 12-20-2010 06:54 PM

True -- I didn't make myself clear, my fault. She doesn't like to be limited to one vegetarian entree each night, she'd rather have a choice or some flexibility. I know that Celebrity is great with this as I've traveled with others with food allergies, etc., and the waiter or maitre d' would come to them the night prior to make sure the next night's menu would work, or ask how to accommodate them if it wouldn't. When my niece and I sailed on HAL a few years ago, she actually ordered pizza and fries from the kids' menu one night as she was getting tired of pasta. :)

Of course, I'm being a bit selfish here as I would love nothing more than dining among the beautiful panels from SS Normandie -- except, of course, for my nieces to have fun.

janfred 12-21-2010 04:38 AM

We did take my Daughter and Son-in-law to the Normandie 1 night for a surprise...WOW it was wonderful. The presentation is something too! I bit you could get a very nice vegetarian dish prepared in the SS Normandie. My Daughter did learn all about the panels, she loves talking to the crew and asking a lot of questions :O)