Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 06:36 PM

Question Bridgetown beach?
Can anyone recommend a nice beach to go to while we are ashore in Bridgetown Barbados?
something we could take a taxi to? (march 7 Millenium~San Juan).
Thanks!
Costa Atlantica 2006
Caribbean Princess 2007
Radiance of the Seas 2008
Vision of the Seas 2009
Celebrity Millennium 2010
Celebrity Millennium 2011
Celebrity century June 2011
Old 01-06-2011, 11:03 AM

Hi Flint, your cruise is coming really soon! Barbados is a tad away from a beach. The cab drivers there took us for a lot of money, $85/pp. However, he did drop us at a great beach. It was a little down from the Folkstone Underwater Marine Park, great snorkeling, lots of places to get local flying fish sandwiches and beverages. We rented chairs and an umbrella for $10 or something reasonable. I have read on this board that you can take the local bus, but I don't know how to do that. The cab driver did come back as promised, and we did have a wonderful time.

If you like spicy sauces, try the bajan pepper sauce there. I always buy a couple of bottles to bring back. It's hot, but really tasty. The base is mustard and mango with a ton of scotch bonnets, but so very good. I've actually made some at home, not as good as the ones from Barbados, but good just the same. There's a shopping area at the pier and it's reasonably priced.

Here's wishing you calm seas, perfect weather, great food, and a marvelous cruise!
Old 01-06-2011, 04:54 PM

I have not been on a cruise before, but I have been to Barbados twice, stayed with family and honeymooned there about 15 years ago. I don't know if there is a shore excursion to the malbu beach, but it was one of my fav. We got to go on a tour of the rum factory and then spent the day on their beach.

There is also acra beach, it is really nice, but I don't know how much a cab there would be, we took public transit while there.

Interesting fact: There is not priviate beaches in barbados. You can walk the shoreline and not be on priviate property.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:20 PM

Default Boatyard Beach
Hi,

Go to the Boatyard ! It's a fantastic place to relax for the day (beach, facilities, restaurant/bar and music). Check out this web link: The Boatyard Barbados - Barbados Beach Club and Water Sports

When you get off the ship, go to where the cabs are.. It will cost you $3 each to get there. It costs you $10 dollars entry fee; however this includes a chair, an umbrella, and a drink ticket. The flying fish sandwich is delicious.
It also covers transportation back to the ship.

Believe me - it's well worth it. Last year, friends on the ship had book a tour which costs them $39 each - they were on the beach beside us.

Have a fab time.

Closed Thread

Tags
admission, barbados, beach, beaches, boat, boatyard, bridgetown, chair, cost, cruise, cruises, forum, port, restaurant, taxi, yard