Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 PM

Taking my first cruise to the Eastern Carribean Islands with stops at San Juan Puerto Rico; St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Is any of their excursions worth paying for? I'm more likely interested in just heading to the beaches and relaxing. Would I be able to do that independently?

Much advise greatly appreciated.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:34 AM

Whether something is "worth" it, is very subjective and depends on the value to you. If all your interested in is laying on the beach, then just take a taxi and head to the beach. In St Thomas there are several beaches to choose from, or you can take the ferry over to St John and visit Trunk Bay also.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM

Hi madmanwc, welcome to Cruise-Chat! San Juan has some very interesting sites, but you can walk to most of them from the port. The beach would be a pretty good walk, but can be done.

In St. Thomas, there is Coki, Sapphire, and Megan's Bay. You'll have to take a cab there. If you want to go to Trunk Bay, you can catch the ferry from Red Hook, or Charlotte Amalie, then take a cab to Trunk Bay.

In St. Maarten, you can take the water taxi over to the beach or you can go to Orient Beach or Maho Beach by cab.

Have a wonderful time.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Just remember if you go out on your own...BE BACK TO THE SHIP ON TIME.....it will leave without you....Happy Sailing...I would vote for El Morro while in Puerto Rico.....

Bob E
Old 06-05-2010, 05:59 PM

At San Juan you can take the public bus over to Condado to the beach. I've done this a few times. The bus terminal is not far from the cruise ship pier. Warning though they require exact change for the bus. Not sure what the fare is now, it used to be 50 cents.

Dwayne
Old 06-05-2010, 11:28 PM

How much would the taxi's be on the average? Just want to make sure that I'm paying the fair amount and not too exorbant.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:39 AM
Both San Juan, and St. Thomas are US territories. They are both well regulated and the taxis aren't able to make deals. We usuaslly head out past the hoardes of screaming drivers and get a cab on the main road. It's much easier to get in and out. THe ones standing by the gangway often make you wait until they have a full load.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, celebrity, clebrity, cruise, cruises, eastern, excursions, juan, maarten, martin, review, reviews, san, shore, st, worth