Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Photos added to the above linked story. Not the best, but they had us up in the balcony and the lighting was low.

We are out in the English Channel right now and it is a bit rocky and very windy. Muster drill is today at 10am. Thankfully I have an inside muster station.

Busy media day ahead. A talk with the ship's design team, lunch, meeting with RCCL and Celebrity brass, and then a "Building Bridges" open forum for all passengers with management. The latter is considered so important that all ship's services are suspended during that time.

We have a private media dinner in restaurant Blu tonight with cruise line executives.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:36 AM

You will love restaurant Blu. Loved the square blue plates. Food was great.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:05 AM

What kind of cabin did they put you into?

"Building Bridges" is the term both Celebrity and Royal Caribbean uses for the information/Q&A sessions on their pre-inaugurals. The executives are usually very accommodating in staying around as long as anyone has any questions. You'll enjoy it.

Sandy
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 AM

I sure hope you let them know about how the non-cruising web rats are not helping their reputation. I hope someone suggested using someone like yourself or Sonny to be "crusaders" for them. I'm really glad to know they at least offer some contact between mahogany row and the real world. I've met quite a few Princess executives on board. They seem to pick cruises/ships and observe and talk to passengers. Sometimes the crew know who they are, sometimes they don't.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:40 AM
Administrator

I am in cabin 1566. Standard balcony. I believe we all got the same level (well, except perhaps for some of the media elites).

Food has been nothing short of spectacular. I've been blown away by it. Easily the best I've had on Celebrity since the days when Chandris owned the line - and perhaps even better than that.

This is a lovely ship. Penny you will really like your Solstice cruise. Trust me. One reporter told the CEO that Celebrity has essentially made another level of cruising within their brand - the Solstice class and then there is the rest of the fleet.

The internet has been mostly better today. I've kept a wi-fi signal most of the day.

One thing I don't like about the cabin is the closet. Bad location right next to the bed and hard to access. Big storage areas over the bed but again, you can't get to them easily. Nice bathroom though. The "5 ladies" they used for input on cabin design had an impact. I was wondering what that bar in the shower was for (shaving bar). Funny thing - the cabin door opens outward. Not used to that but I like it. No more someone entering the room just as someone else is exiting the bathroom and the doors hitting.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:15 AM

Oh my, I'm excited even more. Sure hope the chef on the Solstice can cook So far, the only negatives I've heard about the Solstice were about the closets. Not enough room seems to be the biggest complaint.

So how was the "building bridges" conference? Any good news?
Old 07-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm surprised to hear that the cabin door opens outward. That sounds like it would be a safety hazard - in an emergency, passengers would/could be blocked by opening doors when trying to evacuate (can you tell I work with lawyers? ?) Did you notice any trouble when traveling the corridors with having to avoid open doors?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 PM

Susanmaz,
No problem. There is a little alcove about 2 foot wide in front of the doors. The Solstice class is indeed a very unique ship. I can't find a picture, but it's very nice looking.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Administrator

I'll take a photo of the alcove before I leave the ship tomorrow morning. The doors never reach out into the corridor.

Dinner in Blu was good, but to be honest I was more impressed with dinner in the main dining room last night. Maybe because of the venue and my expectations for Blu being higher.

Amazing show tonight. Sort of new age, mystic, with acrobatics. Not your normal cruise show.

I don't want to leave tomorrow!
Old 07-30-2009, 04:28 PM

Next time you should let me take your place. I know how you don't like cruises less than four nights.

Closed Thread

Tags
aqua, bridges, building, celebrity, ceremony, class, crowded, cruises, equinox, feels, grandeur, imaginative, naming, seas, ship, ss