Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   Solstice (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/36696-solstice.html)

poormom 03-10-2011 04:47 PM

Solstice

Got called to do a last minute cruise on the Solstice. Any words of wisdom or suggestions?
Itinerary is the standard issue Eastern Caribbean San Juan St. Thomas, St Maarten loop, but I've never done a celecrity cruise. What's not to be missed?

ebtrinity 03-10-2011 05:35 PM

Solstice

We were on the Equinox last year which is the sister ship to the Solstice.
It was fabulous. She has a grass deck with many cool spots to relax. The martini bar is made of ice; we stayed in aqua class which provided unlimited access to the relaxation room and persian garden, as well as, dining at Blu every evening. She has three other specialty restaurants - Silk Garden, Tuscan Grill and Murano. We tried the Tuscan Grill and it also spectacular.

We hope to try more of Celebrity's solstice class ships in future. Our next voyage is on the Constallation. This one is the sister ship to the Summit. Another very nice ship.

Happy sailing,:D
EB

penny3333 03-22-2011 12:53 PM

Congratulations, poormom! I enjoyed the glass blowing show. We didn't try any of the specialty restaurants, but did hear that Murano was good. She is a very large ship, but not that difficult to get around, just a few decks that you couldn't get from where you were to where you wanted to go. There are very few smoking areas, so avoiding smoke is not a problem. They do play bochi (sp?) ball on the grass, too.

Nadine 03-22-2011 03:07 PM

We just returned from a cruise on her sister ship Eclipse. We felt this was one of the most organized cruises we have been on. The ship is big, but we never noticed public areas being overly crowded. I think you will really like the Solstice. As Penny said, be sure to take the time to see the glass blowing demonstration. It is very interesting.

Nadine

poormom 03-22-2011 03:47 PM

Thank you both.
I actually just went back and read Penny's review from this time last year. I'm so low maintenance, that I always have a good time. I will simply be delighted to get away from the cold for a week. The ship appears to be very underbooked. I'm hoping this means more chairs by the pool and a less harried staff. I've read reports about the Nororvirus, so the quiet will give the crew time to recover from the added hours I'm sure they've put in both cleanig the ship and covering extra shifts.
I'm really looking forward to having a drink in the Molecule bar, and sitting in one of those lounge chairs on the lawn!
I'm booked in an inside cabin for the moment, but if I can swing it I might try to upgrade at least to an outside I'll be a very happy cruiser.

penny3333 03-23-2011 07:04 AM

I know my review wasn't the best, but she really was a nice ship. Getting out of the cold is certainly a huge plus!!!

Bon Voyage:)