Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2011, 02:15 PM

Default Celebrity Infinity
In the process of booking a 16-day Panama Canal Cruise for April 2012 on the Celebrity Infinity. Has anyone sailed on the Infinity that can provide some feedback on the ship. I looked at some of the previous cruise reviews for the ship and I don't get a warm feeling about them. Any information would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Brian

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-05-2011, 02:41 PM

Brian, I sailed Infinity in 2007 and had a wonderful time. The service, food, and entertainment were all excellent.

Infinity is going in for refurbishment/revitalization at the end of this year, and will emerge with some of the bells and whistles that Celebrity's newer ships have. I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:54 PM
We just got off the Infinity on Feb 14th, we were on her for 14 wonderful days from So America to Antartica. The food and staff were all wonderful. We have been on many Celebrity ships and 2 others of the same class but this one was special. You should not worry at all. The crew all seem to be truly happy and content. This of course really shows and we were happy too!! Like Sandy, we would not hesitate to sail on her again.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 PM

I echo the sentiments of Sandy and Janfred. Sailed on the Infinity last June in Alaska. Had a great cruise.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:38 PM

Default Loved the Infinity
4 of us went on the Infinity to Alaska May 2011 and loved it. We have been on Caribbean, Holland America and Princess as well. We found this ship to be the friendliest one we have ever been on. All staff smiled and greeted you even if they passed you in the hallway.
the Lido buffet was amazing!! Not well layed out, as it was spread out in various stations, but once you learned to walk all the way to the stern of the ship and around the other side of the food area, we discovered all the various treats. Ice cream was 'home made' and lots of flavours available all day with candy to top it off or just eat on the side. Desserts were so delicous and they had a Brunch Buffet in the main dinning room one day that was amazing. The dinning room food was good too, but the buffet upstairs just had so many choices, even stir fry and sushi in the evening.

We liked the night club upstairs, enjoyed their shows too. Started off the first day onboard after having lunch, with a tour of the ship with one of the program director staff and it was very interesting with a good way to get to know the ship. As we went by the coffee bar area she waved towards a display case of wonderful looking bakery treats and said those are "fat free" -- they are free and full of fat! which made us laugh! I would highly recommend it! Not as formal as Holland America, very good food similar to Holland Americal but maybe more choice, better than Princess.

You'll have a great time.

Cheers
Old 11-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Smile 1st cruise to alaska on Infinity
Hello,
My hubby and I are taking our first cruise to Alaska in June 2012 for our 30th anniversary. Will those of you have cruised the Infinity before give your advice and tips on what are the best shore excursions to take and those to avoid?
Thank you so much! We are excited and frankly overwhelmed since we have never cruised before
Old 11-05-2011, 08:28 AM

Welcome to Cruise Reviews and congratulations on your 30th anniversary. You've chosen a great way to celebrate. All the ports in Alaska are walkable ports for shopping. Ketchikan is known for for the Totem poles and tours to Misty Fjord. Juneau is know for whale watching and tours to Mendenhall Glacier, and Skagway has a lot of history with the Gold. The most popular tour there is the White Pass railway. In town there is a great museum with a nice movie on the Klondike Gold Rush.

Tags
2011, 7, alaska, alaskan, canal, celebrity, cruise, day, forums, infinity, june, panama, refurbishment, review, reviews