Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 05:15 AM

Smile Drinks packages
Has anyone purchased a drinks package on the celebrity infinity, was it value for money, any tips ect.......
Old 09-18-2011, 04:00 PM

There is no single answer to your question as it totally depends on how much you drink. For example, if you buy the premium package you need to drink more then 4 drinks a day to make it a good deal (perhaps 3 if you take advantage of specialty coffees, bottled water, etc). You also need to consider that you must buy the package for the entire cruise which includes even the long port days when you will probably have less to drink then on a sea day. Since we are Elite, we get some benefits including a free cocktail time every day which makes the package not a good deal for us. But others who love to put away the booze will tell you its a great deal.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:43 PM

Question
I was wondering do they put any restrictions on? Like times, specific bars, dinning room or drink limits etc.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:43 AM
Administrator

I recall someone saying there were some problems getting some of the drink package items are certain bars. The package included martinis, but only in standard size glasses, and some bars only served them in larger glasses - so the package didn't include 'those' martinis and they wouldn't pour a standard sized drink into the larger glasses.

Not sure if that is still the case.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 AM

Unless they have changed the packages radically, they are definitely not worth the money. I purchased the frozen drink package and it was only good in certain bars are for certain frozen drinks. My hubby purchased the expensive alcohol package, but could not get a beer with it, neither could he get a martini in the martini bar. I'd definitely ask questions before purchasing them. Even though we asked the bar tender he didn't give us correct information.

Tags
2011, beverage, celebrity, cruise, cruises, drink, drinks, line, offer, package, packages, prices, princess, review, reviews, tip