Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   Dining on Equinox (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/3800-dining-equinox.html)

Nadine 07-23-2009 07:44 AM

Dave, do you know if there is "anytime dining" or whatever they call it, on the Equinox? We always choose early dining in the main dining room when we cruise. However, the friends who are going with us have sailed on other cruiselines and chose the anytime dining. I guess I just want to know if that is available in case they don't like dining at the same time with the same people every night.

I know there is the buffet we could choose, but I was thinking more of a dining room. Since we have never used it, maybe I don't understand the whole concept of anytime dining!!

Can you, or anyone, help me on this in regard to the Equinox? Thanks.

And Bon Voyage Dave! I hope you have good weather, a good cruise, and a wonderful trip!

Nadine

Dave 07-23-2009 08:10 AM

Read this article. It should be in place for your cruise.

Thanks for the well wishes!

penny3333 07-23-2009 08:31 AM

I looked at their website and didn't see "As you Wish" dining. They did say you have up to 4 days before sailing to select the time you wish to dine. On the Solstice class ships (Equinox and Solstice) if you're in Aqua-Class you can dine in Blu free of charge. It looks to me like they're using the pay for dining restaurants to be the anytime (non-traditional) dining venues.

The "As you Wish" "Anytime" dining options on ships that offer it, take one or two of their main dining rooms and turn them into a restaurant type atmosphere. It is the same menu as the traditional dining room. The only difference is you go to the dining room when you're ready to go, not the traditional early/late seating times. If you choose the prime dining time, you're probably going to have to wait for a table. Or if you choose to not share a table, you usually have to wait. If you do, they give you a buzzer, just like a restaurant, and will buzz when your table is available.

It looks like we only have the traditional choices and will have to use one of the additional fee restaurants if we want to deviate and not use the buffet.

I was skeptical the first time I did Anytime dining, but now I prefer it. We selected main dining for our December cruise.

Nadine 07-23-2009 09:11 AM

Thanks Penny and Dave for the info. The link was interesting. I didn't realize the balconies were non-smoking. That will certainly encourage us to stick with Celebrity! My husband is very allergic to cigarette smoke, even if it wafts into our cabin from another balcony.

It does look like the open plan dining will be available for our cruises, Penny. Thanks again you two!

Nadine

penny3333 07-23-2009 11:19 AM

That's really wierd that they don't have an announcement up on their website. Oh well, maybe it will be available. I really enjoy the option.

Rocky08 09-08-2009 01:35 AM

Quote:

Dining on Equinox
I'm delighted Char. We did My Time Dining on RCCL and really liked it. On our Equinox transatlantic in November, the late dining isn't until 8:45 and the early dining is at 6:15--one too late and one two early. I'm hoping we'll be able to give it a try.

Rocky

janfred 09-08-2009 03:36 AM

Penny,
Go to Celebrity's website and in the upper right type in "Dining Select" in the search box it will take to a FAQ section and tells you when you can request it, waitlist, etc....

penny3333 09-08-2009 10:55 AM

Will, do, janfred. From Dave's press release, it sounded like the Equinox was going to have flex dining but the Solstice wasn't until later.

Dave 09-08-2009 11:24 AM

Here is my updated news report. The first cruise for the Solstice with the new dining option is the 1/10/2010 sailing.

penny3333 09-09-2009 11:18 AM

That's what I thought I had read. I wonder if they have to reconfigure the dining room or something like that to accomodate the flex dining.