Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2004, 08:06 PM

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the Constellation offers seating for two in the dinning room? My wife and I would like to cruise again, but had such an awful experience with table mates in the past we really would prefer eating by ourselves this time. Anyone know of any cruise lines that offer this? Looking at a caribbean cruise this Feb.

Thanks in advance...
Old 12-08-2004, 08:06 PM

Hi folks,

Does anyone know if the Constellation offers seating for two in the dinning room? My wife and I would like to cruise again, but had such an awful experience with table mates in the past we really would prefer eating by ourselves this time. Anyone know of any cruise lines that offer this? Looking at a caribbean cruise this Feb.

Thanks in advance...
Old 12-09-2004, 02:19 AM

bdiamond,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

As far as I know, yes, "Constellation" offers tables for two in the dining room - but there aren't too many of them.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 02-09-2005, 03:16 AM

Have to agree with this one. There are tables for 2 but not a huge amount and they tend to be by the galley entrance so aren't intimate by any means. On our last trip on Constellation we requested a table of 2 but ended up on one for 6. We did manage to get the smaller ones at breakfast and lunch however when we asked. Our table companions were very nice at dinner though, so despite my initial reservations we had a really good time. Don't despair - you may find it makes your holiday.
Old 02-09-2005, 01:21 PM

Yes they have tables for two. But not a lot and they have a priority system that means that guests who booked a suite are first, then the captains club members and at last if there were tables of 2 left, they are for the rest of the cruise guests. You have to mention your whish on your travel documents. When arriving on the ship, go directly to the restaurant and ask that they show you your table. If it isn't a table for two, ask for one. If you are on late seating, ask if they haven't one on first seating. If the haven't, ask every evening the Maitre D' to get one, because some people are changing their tables along the cruise. Sorry for my bad English.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Norbert Mathieu:
Yes they have tables for two. But not a lot and they have a priority system that means that guests who booked a suite are first, then the captains club members and at last if there were tables of 2 left, they are for the rest of the cruise guests. You have to mention your whish on your travel documents. When arriving on the ship, go directly to the restaurant and ask that they show you your table. If it isn't a table for two, ask for one. If you are on late seating, ask if they haven't one on first seating. If the haven't, ask every evening the Maitre D' to get one, because some people are changing their tables along the cruise. Sorry for my bad English.

I am single and have cruised a good many times. I have found it expedient to ask for a table of six or eight. That gives one a fair number of guests to cover for a possible "drip" while allowing one to hear what people are saying.

Good luck.

Closed Thread