Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   Need Hotel suggestion and advice!! Celebrity Equinox (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/39728-need-hotel-suggestion-advice-celebrity-equinox.html)

michi143 07-06-2013 12:07 PM

Need Hotel suggestion and advice!! Celebrity Equinox

Hi all...first time my husband and I will be visiting Europe on the Celebrity Equinox..this is the overnight in Venice cruise October 20 2013. Looking for a hotel close to the Port (Barcelona)...should I go somewhere in the Ramblas area or any suggestions? Will be there one day before and one full day after....any suggestions on how to spend those days? For you experienced cruisers....(thought I was until I decided to do this one)....been on many Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises as I live in South Florida...Never this long (12 day)....and would like to make the best out of our time...20 yr Anniversary gift....can't wait...thanks to all in advance!!!!

janfred 07-09-2013 04:00 AM

This is a very nice hotel and I know they take you to the Ship at least with NCL, this maybe worth a look and it is not expensive at all.

Hotel Hesperia Tower - 5 star hotel in Barcelona | NH Hoteles

Cruise Fanatic 07-09-2013 05:35 AM

Take the Hop on/hop off bus to see the sights. You can spend a lot of time just on Las Ramblas.

alexandra cruiser 07-10-2013 05:32 AM

Do check out various hotel websites

for suggestions.Then call their toll free number and do on own,same price and less hassle.Also, get guidebooks from library or buy.Check out city tourism website.We had a small boutique hotel near old town center,took HOHO bus,spent 2 days there and just scratched the surface.Great town,be aware of pick pockets on Las Ramblas.Loved Park Guell(Gaudi anything,in fact),Have fun,I envy you.

billybuzzy 07-12-2013 09:43 AM

You might consider a B&B such as Barcino 147 in Barcelona. Located in the Best area of L'Eixample..it is convenient walking to Paca de Catalunya, Bari Gothic,Las Ramblas and numerous Gaudi Buildings. Restaurants, Banks and a market are within the block. Taxi is always available out front due to a 5 star boutique hotel across the narrow side street... the Host Ferran and the Concierge Mauro are fantastic...check it out on Trip Advisor!! Well worth considering as a base while in Barcelona. Better yet,send Ferran an email....You will have a personable and knowledgeable friend waiting for you in Spain!!

BillyBuzzy

michi143 09-15-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybuzzy (Post 298849)
You might consider a B&B such as Barcino 147 in Barcelona. Located in the Best area of L'Eixample..it is convenient walking to Paca de Catalunya, Bari Gothic,Las Ramblas and numerous Gaudi Buildings. Restaurants, Banks and a market are within the block. Taxi is always available out front due to a 5 star boutique hotel across the narrow side street... the Host Ferran and the Concierge Mauro are fantastic...check it out on Trip Advisor!! Well worth considering as a base while in Barcelona. Better yet,send Ferran an email....You will have a personable and knowledgeable friend waiting for you in Spain!!

BillyBuzzy

Thanks...getting closer to our sail date and appreciate your input!!

billybuzzy 09-15-2013 09:10 PM

Michi......Taxis are very reasonable in Barcelona and tipping is not expected, 10% is considered large and generous. Keep Your money/credit cards concealed....the Subway Stations and Lower Las Ramblas(especially at night) will have pickpockets.....they work in teams (including children and motorcyclists).....Do not dress in your finest...You will be fine...New York City is worse!!!

We will be back in Barcelona in November 2014..We Love the city!!!!!

BillyBuzzy