Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 07:22 AM
Talking Celebrity Xpedition
We had to give ourselves a Christmas Present! However it seems so far away Oct 18,2015. I didn't even have a calendar that went out that far and had to go online to look at the dates LOL ;OD however it is always wonderful to plan and dream away.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Administrator

I was talking to a travel agent couple last week on the Divina. They said doing the Xpedition was one of the best cruises they had ever done. Very personalized service, all-inclusive, etc. I think they'd done it twice around the Galapagos.
Old 11-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Dave, I read so many wonderful reviews on Cruise Critic and it seems that everyone agrees that it was an unforgettable and trip of a lifetime. I was surprised how fast the ship fills even though it is way out there in the future. I wasn't able to get the cabin of my choice on 3 different dates but no big deal really. Very exciting and we are done our Christmas Shopping LOL

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-30-2013, 03:58 AM
One important thing I forgot to mention. If anyone is Elite and thinking about going Celebrity will no longer be offering the 10% off of the Galapagos Cruise as of Dec 31, 2013. It made me a tad mad but they said it was never a benefit but an offering. It was never presented that way at all. It was on our list so we decided to at least get the 10% off.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 11-30-2013, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Given the price of those cruises, 10% is big chunk of change. How much is the air? I guess you fly to Quito? Does Celebrity then get you to the ship?
Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 AM
Dave,
It is all inclusive so that is nice, drinks, internet, gratuities, transfers, all excursions etc.. The trip includes the R/T flight from Quito to the ship in Baltra. We did the 11 day so everything in Quito is included. I did find air to Quito R/T from Norfolk for $782. but who knows what it will be in 2015. I will use Choice Air more than likely. I was happy to get the 10% but didn't like the idea we had to move on it so soon.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 12-01-2013, 10:46 AM

I know a few folks that have done that cruise and loved it. They saw lots of wild life on the islands, and liked the intimacy of the ship.
There were some days they visited more than one island.

Tags
10, 11, 2013, celebrity, days, galapagos, moehobbiinfo, review, xpedition