Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Smile Back from the Summit
We are back from doing the NCL Breakaway first and then drove right over to Cape Liberty, NJ to board the Summit. The drive from Manhattan Pier to Cape Liberty, NJ took 16 min and we were dropping off our luggage again! Two very different lines with 2 very different experiences. I have been on both last year so I knew how they differed.
Celebrity Summit of course was wonderful. We had a fantastic cabin 9160 looking straight out the back. Very large balcony with 2 lounge chairs and a full size teak patio set with 4 chairs. We had breakfast on the Balcony 4 days and it was wonderful.
They have made several changes and 1 being that they no longer do the Grand Buffet, I didn't care much about that anyway, it was always so crowded and busy. The change they made in the Ocean Café was a very different concept. No more trays or rails to slide your tray along on. They now serve most main items in really cute little metal baskets, small metal fry pans, glass dishes etc. I can see where it may help eliminate waste and keep people from loaded their own plates and leaving most of it. You now take a larger plate to carry your individual smaller dishes. Of course you can go back all you want. I really liked it to tell you the truth. By the pool you would be handed a wire basket with burger and fries for example.
Shows were good but not over the top like I saw on MSC Divina. My only disappointment was with the Captain Club Hostess. She was a new one from last year and not very personal. At the Club events she would be by the door a few minutes and disappear. She never came and spoke to any of us individually. Some thing at the Captain Clubs Private Breakfast never saw her. They did not do a sail away out of NY on the Helicopter Pad for any of the members. We were looking forward to it and it didn't happen. No bridge tour either. We had overheard a passenger on his cell phone tell his family to cancel the Normandy restaurant because they had been invited again to sit at the Captain's Table and he said he had never been invited twice in 1 sailing. I think someone else should have the chance to do that.
The Captain was the most personable and funniest Captain I have ever met. He was very popular. His daily updates were always ended with some of the funniest comments. We started looking forward to his daily "The most popular question of the day" comment!
What is not to like about Bermuda. I could have gone back a 3rd time in a row. We had beautiful weather, friendly smiling faces everywhere so happy to help you. It was all so very BERMUDA-FUL !!
I will leave my comments on the NCL Breakaway under the NCL tab.

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Last edited by janfred; 05-29-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the review! How odd to be dining twice at the Captain's table. Must be more to it, like knowing someone or being a special VIP?