Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 07:30 AM
The one time we sailed on Celebrity, they were exceptionally particular about trying to keep surfaces clean. They had one girl whose sole job was to continually clean the stair railings.
Most outbreaks occur because of passenger habits, not the cruise line. On one cruise we completely quit going to the buffet because of what we saw some passengers doing; one decided she had taken too much of something and spooned the excess from her plate back into the serving dish; another man using his fingers to pull a chunk of meat from the roast and eating it right there. One man with a bad cough who never covered his mouth.

Need some cruise help?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:09 AM
JillSC
You are so right, I have to bite my tonque. I see passengers picking up rolls with their hands, with the tongs right there
I get angry when the attentants are standing right at the entry with hand sanitizer and passengers walk right by...makes me want to shout, "Hey, you...yes you with the nasty hands get back here," LOL What can you do, and the kids with the parents who don"t give a hoot what the kids do in the buffet line. Oh well, don't get us all going

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM

Janfred,
This is true. But in fairness to some people,they may have just washed their hands in the restroom around the corner. The truth of the matter is, the whole cleanliness issue is only as good as the conscientiousness of each individual. For instance, what if a person walks into the buffet area, uses the sanitizer, then proceeds to sneeze or cough in their hands on their way to the buffet. They may not even give a second thought to the fact they should turn around and sanitize their hands again. I've seen small children pick up the wrapped bundles of silverware, then set them down. I've also seen small children pick up a plate, manhandle it on both sides and put the plate back on the stack. There are so many things we touch that we have no idea what touched their surface before us. Like salt & pepper shakers, ketchup and mustard bottles, the nozzle of the self serve coffee. I guess all we really can do is practice our own cleanliness, by frequently washing our hands and using sanitizer, and hope we don't pick up any virus.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:14 PM

I just wanted to chime in and say the virus was probably brought on board by more than one person. It had been quickly spreading across South Carolina.

Here is a link to a news article.

Dwayne
Old 02-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Thank you Dwayne,
I have a feeling when we step on board tomorrow it will be the cleanest and most sanitized ship on the high seas, don't you !

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-25-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Thank you Dwayne,
I have a feeling when we step on board tomorrow it will be the cleanest and most sanitized ship on the high seas, don't you ! happy dance
Yes I do. Just use some extra precaution when you get down here about being in contact with people, and wash your hands and sanitize!

I really hate saying that as a promoter of tourism in SC. But until this fizzles out it is sage advice.

Most of all, have a wonderful cruise and...

BON VOYAGE!

Dwayne
Old 02-26-2010, 02:46 AM
Thank you Dwayne and Everyone,
I appreciate all the help and advise I get and read. Heading out in 1 hour and looking forward to a relaxing time. I am so looking forward to seeing the Mercury. Bye Penny count down to Oct it won't be too far away !!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-27-2010, 10:49 AM

Take a bottle of hand sanitizer with you and use it often.........

Closed Thread

Tags
1999, cruises, mercury, reviews