Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 06:52 AM

I am first time cruiser with Celebrity and am traveling alone. Are there any other singles on this sailing?
Old 09-18-2009, 07:06 AM

Alice, you'll have a great time on Celebrity. Is this your first ever cruise, or your first on Celebrity?

If you scroll down a little further on our main page, you'll see the "Roll Calls" section. Take a look in the Celebrity section to see if anyone else has posted about Dec. 19, and leave your own message there.

Whether or not anyone else on this board is going, it's likely that there will be other singles going on the cruise. In the first day or two of the cruise, there will be a gathering for "singles and those traveling alone." It's a good way to meet others traveling solo. Also, cruise lines often try to seat singles at the same table in the dining room, if you have early or late dining (probably more singles at late dining). You can approach the Maitre d' when you board the ship and ask if your table has other singles at it. If not, he may be able to move you.

There is an active discussion in the Royal Caribbean section regarding solo cruising. Check it out, if you haven't already done so. Also, you can search our previous discussions for threads regarding traveling solo.

Enjoy!

Sandy
Old 09-18-2009, 07:28 AM

Hi AliceC, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I've cruised a few times solo, it was great. Of course, being on a cruise is fantastic to me! I've met a lot of really nice people, especially on excursions. I know they share the same interests if they're on my excursion. I've also met some great people at dinner. You'll have a wonderful time. You can get in on the on board games and meet people that way, too. As Sandy said, they have a meet and greet. Best wishes for a fantstic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
19th, canal, celeberity, celebrity, cruise, dec, good, greet, meet, meeting, panama, reviews, single, singles, summit