Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 06:15 AM

hi there,
we are getting married in august and have just booked a cruise for the honeymoon (our first ever cruise ....we are so excited !) its a 12 night cruise on 14th august starting in barcelona, any info and tips would be greatly recieved,
many thanks x

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 AM

Congratulations and welcome to Cruise Chat. If possible, fly in at least a day early and enjoy Barcelona. The La Rambla is an exciting area to explore. Which ship and itinerary are you doing? Is it the Century?
Old 02-16-2010, 10:03 AM

thanks
yes we have booked the celebrity century, the itinery is as follows
Barcelona, Spain, Cannes, France, Florence, Italy, Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy, Sicily (Messina), Italy, Mykonos, Greece, Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey, Athens (Piraeus), Greece, Naples (Salerno), Italy, Barcelona, Spain

we are unable to fly out the day before but have a nice early flight so will be in barcelona by diner time
as we are new to this sort of thing, what are the prices of things like drinks, how does the tips etc work and how do you pay at the end? sorry lots of questions
many thanks for your help

Old 02-16-2010, 10:29 AM

I just went on a cruise leaving out of Barcelona in November. All my ports were different except for Athens. In Athens you may want to see the Acropolis and visit the Plaka area in Athens for shopping and grab a nice snack and drink.

I've sailed on the Century twice and I really like the ship. You will set up an onboard account with your credit card (or cash deposit, credit is best). All on board expenses of drinks, gift shop, photos, spa, excursions, will be placed on your on board account. You can also have your gratuities put on your account. During the last night of the cruise they slip your total bill under your door. If everything looks correct, you just leave it on your credit card you used to set up your account, and the bill will show up on your next credit card statement.

Drinks vary, but are similar to prices at nice restaurants. A martini can be $8-$9, beer $5, glass of wine can vary $5/$6/$7. You can purchase different beverage packages. They will have that information on their website and on the first day of the cruise you can sign up and ask them what all is included. Beer packages are separate from cocktail packages for instance. A 15% gratuity is added to any drink or package.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:33 AM

Again many thanks for your help
Ok so now were applying for a credit card lol (generally hate them but can always cut it up after to avoid temptation lol)
we were told when booking that it included all gratuities, so will we pay that aswell?
I Like the idea of the drinks packages so will look into buying one or two of them

If I'm honest we pushed our budget almost to the max for the honeymoon so are now on a tight budget...... Any tips for saving where we can but still making it a magical time? I Think what's scaring us most is getting a bill at the end for a million dollars lol

Old 02-16-2010, 12:32 PM

Perhaps the person booking your cruise added the gratuities on for the convenience of having them pre-paid.

Many ports are easy to do on your own. Perhaps they might have a hop on/hop off bus. That would help save some money on excursions. Other more complicated ports you may want to stick with a ships tour. Do some research on your different ports. You can check our Port section on this
site. Set your per-day budget and try to stick with it. Remember though, it is your honeymoon and you do want some special memories.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:27 PM

We will definately be doing lots of research from now till august, we only booked yesterday so we are just making a start now

We will make lots of good memories regardless of the budget, I just wanna make sure we don't make the mistake of spending money out then find out it would have been half the price if we booked elsewhere with things like excursions etc
I'm sure with little kind tips from yourself and others we will have a perfect honeymoon and make the most of everything century and the med has to offer.
Kind regards S

Closed Thread

Tags
12, athens, august, budget, celebrity, cruise, cruises, greece, honeymoon, hop, opinions, package, piraeus, review, reviews