Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2010, 05:13 PM
We drove for 7 1/2 hours only to find out the ship was not going anywhere at least for today. They had the CDC go onboard to inspect. I do understand, but it was so hard to sit in our car for 3 1/2 hours after driving for 7 1/2. It took so long to reach the end of the line to get a voucher for a hotel from Celebrity. We move a few feet and shut the car off. They did treat us very well and it seemed like everyone was very understanding at least from what we could see. I just wanted out of the car. So here we sit in a Days Inn in Charleston hoping to board at 2pm tomorrow. We lost 1 port, Key West (darn I was so looking forward to that stop) We already purchased our Trolly Pass. They did tell us all we could board at 2pm, so I now can see all 1,980 pax back at the same time trying to board !

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Administrator

I read about the one-day delay just a few minutes ago and immediately thought of you. I guess you can take some comfort in knowing they want to do a heavy cleaning before boarding new passengers, which is the right thing for Celebrity to do.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Thanks Dave,
I agree as well, I just wished we could have known before we left. They did give us a 2 day credit off of our current cruise. We also received a $140. onboard credit for dinner tonight. We did receive a 25% off a future cruise (not a problem for us) I am already thinking....where or where. They did also offer a full refund if you did not want go plus 15% off next cruise. I was thinking that was generous of them. So here we sit, it will all be good......

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM
Administrator

My brother lives in Mount Pleasant, just a few miles from the port. I would give you directions but he might not understand when you rang the door bell.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:45 PM
Dave,
I do remember driving thru there today and it was about 20 min away I think. Ya, Dave I can see the look on his face with us at the door WITH luggage, saying Hi, we know your brother Dave !!! LOL

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 02-26-2010, 06:28 PM

Janfred,
I'm glad to see you are keeping a positive attitude. I wish all people could in these situations. I'm sure Celebrity would rather have the passengers on board. Nothing they can do if the CDC took over though.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:06 PM
Administrator

I agree, janfred, in that I love your attitude. Enjoy your extended stay in Charleston and your cruise on a sparkling ship!
Old 02-26-2010, 11:15 PM

janfred, Sorry to hear of this. I agree with the others, you have a great attitude about it. The last I heard earlier today was it would depart at 5pm. Then when I got home the local news was mentioning it, and I thought of you too. Then I saw it on the cruise news blogs. I also agree that they are doing the right thing and being generous with this. I hope everything goes well for y'all today and you get under way without a hitch.

Here is a news article for fellow members.

Dwayne
Old 02-27-2010, 01:40 AM

What a bummer, hope the rest of your trip goes right.

Read and post cruise reviews

11-1974 to 03-1978 U.S.S. Saratoga CV-60
08-2000 Sovereign Of The Seas- Bahamas
06-2002 NCL Sky- Alaska
10-2004 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
10-2006 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
12-2006 Enchantment Of The Seas- Western Carib.
05-2008 Monarch Of The Seas- Baja Mexico
09-2009 NCL Sky- Bahamas
03-2010 Celebrity Century- Western Carib.

10-2010 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas again

Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 AM
WOW we are cruising off the coast of Cuba! We did pull out of SC at approx 7:30pm. I like the Mercury. The crew is also very nice after what they all went thru too ! You gotta keep a great attitide, we are both so laid back anyway. Most of the paaengers are very understanding too. I have heard only a few grumps, they didn't have to come !!

Cruise Countdown Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
11pm, 2pm, caribbean, charleston, mercury, ports, royal, stop