Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 02:07 PM

We are aboard the Equinox from Rome to Venice next month. When we debark in Venice we are staying on in Venice for a couple of days, so we don't want to transport to the airport, but to our hotel near the Rialto Bridge. We don't particularly want to pay the exorbitant price for a water taxi and were planning on taking a vaperetto (water bus), and handling our own baggage. I'm not sure how to get from the ship to the water bus stop. What, if any transport does Celebrity provide, and where do I get the water bus? How do I get to that point? I know there are a lot of well seasoned travelers out there that can give me the answers.

After a few days in Venice we will be flying home. We're really concerned about getting to the airport on time, so we are springing for a water taxi from the canal near the airport. We don't need the hassles of a panic race to catch our flight.

Thanks people!
Old 07-15-2010, 05:49 AM

We just did this last week, when you get off ship you can walk or take small shuttle for 5 min walk to customs bldg.to claim luggage,,,then can walk out and get water taxi about another 5min. walk....its easy to see, sign will be on left and place to board with people lining up....make sure to ask, and check out proper time for area you want to go to..they run every 10 mins or so....it may be hard if you have a LOT of luggage as pretty crowded....sure there must be website for times,locations,etc...but we just did it on own since not in any real hurry..could google info...

Closed Thread

Tags
baggage, carnival, celebrity, claim, cruise, debark, debarked, debarking, lines, overnight, review, time, venice