Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 04:10 PM

Hi everyone,

I am an avid cruiser and each cruise I go on I purchase a model of the ship as a souvenir. I have a display case for all of my ships and this is one of my most prized collections. However, about a year ago when I sailed on the Mercury the gift shop was sold out of the ship models. For almost a year now I have tried every outlet available to purchase one (Celebrity help lines, the Celebrity website, travel agents, etc.) but am told that they can't sell me a model unless I am actually on the ship due to taxes.

Is anyone planning a cruise on the Mercury that would be willing to purchase a model for me? I will pay you for the cost of the model as well as for the shipping costs to send it to me (I live in Seattle). I would be extremely grateful and will even send you a gift card to Starbucks as a thank you!

Please contact me if you are able to help.
jnw.wwu@gmail.com

Thanks!!
Old 03-12-2010, 04:51 AM
I just got off the Mercury and was looking myself. I did not see any models only key chains and such. I was wanting to do a small Christmas Tree filled with all the ships I have been on but for some reason they are hard to find.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 03-12-2010, 09:40 AM

Thanks for replying janfred! I'm sorry you had a similar experience. Hopefully the Mercury will restock their ship models in their gift shops ASAP.

I would still appreciate having someone who is going on the Mercury in the near future checking on this for me. I'm not giving up hope that somehow I'll get one!

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, chains, cruise, cruises, gift, info, key, line, merc, mercury, mercuryship, model, seattle, ship, shipping, ships