Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   Constellation 13-day Transatlantic Sept 7 (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/5394-constellation-13-day-transatlantic-sept-7-a.html)

bsm9034 04-08-2004 11:53 PM

Hello,

Friend and I (24 & 27) just got off the Constellation a few weeks back [Southern Caribbean SJU 3/6/04] and had such an enjoyable experience that we just booked 13-day transatlantic on Sept 7th out of Dover.

I have sailed two Western Transatlantics before on the QE2; however, we went straight across to New York. My question: 1)What weather should we anticipate being as far north as we will be sailing (Iceland) in September and 2) should I anticpate the ocean being as choppy as it was when I crossed a couple years back in December?

I, personally, enjoyed the excitement of hitting a storm [30 ft waves] on the 3rd day out and hearing the china smash in the cabinets as we ate in the Coronia Resturaunt. But, still curious if the ocean is as rough in September as I know it is in late fall and winter.

Also, there were many lecturers on the QE2 during the sea days. Does Celebrity take the same approach with occupying peoples time on this tranny's?

Appreciate the info!

Dec 99 - Apr 00 QE2 Millenium World Cruise
Dec 00 QE2 Westbound Trans to FLL via NYC
Jan 03 Golden Princess Eastern Caribbean
Sep 03 Zuiderdamn Eastern Caribbean
Mar 04 Constellation Souther Caribean
Sep 04 Constellation Transatlantic (Booked)

bsm9034 04-08-2004 11:53 PM

Hello,

Friend and I (24 & 27) just got off the Constellation a few weeks back [Southern Caribbean SJU 3/6/04] and had such an enjoyable experience that we just booked 13-day transatlantic on Sept 7th out of Dover.

I have sailed two Western Transatlantics before on the QE2; however, we went straight across to New York. My question: 1)What weather should we anticipate being as far north as we will be sailing (Iceland) in September and 2) should I anticpate the ocean being as choppy as it was when I crossed a couple years back in December?

I, personally, enjoyed the excitement of hitting a storm [30 ft waves] on the 3rd day out and hearing the china smash in the cabinets as we ate in the Coronia Resturaunt. But, still curious if the ocean is as rough in September as I know it is in late fall and winter.

Also, there were many lecturers on the QE2 during the sea days. Does Celebrity take the same approach with occupying peoples time on this tranny's?

Appreciate the info!

Dec 99 - Apr 00 QE2 Millenium World Cruise
Dec 00 QE2 Westbound Trans to FLL via NYC
Jan 03 Golden Princess Eastern Caribbean
Sep 03 Zuiderdamn Eastern Caribbean
Mar 04 Constellation Souther Caribean
Sep 04 Constellation Transatlantic (Booked)

04-25-2004 07:13 PM

Noticed you are going on the Transatlantic. We currently have 160 people networking for this cruise. We have our own website with pics and newsletters. Let me know if you like more info