Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

Has anyone sailed the Century lately? I am going in a couple weeks and was curios to hear from some recent century passengers. How is it?I have heard nothing but rave reviews from any one that I know who has been on it.Please advise.
Tom
Old 03-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Banned

Has anyone sailed the Century lately? I am going in a couple weeks and was curios to hear from some recent century passengers. How is it?I have heard nothing but rave reviews from any one that I know who has been on it.Please advise.
Tom
Old 04-01-2004, 04:32 PM

I have not been on a Celeberity cruise before but will be on the Century on 4/24/04 out of Ft. Lauderdale . I , am 50 my wife is a couple years younger . I am hoping for not too many screaming brats or sceaming teenagers . Also would like to avoid a lot of blue hairs . If this sounds like your cruise, we could probably get seated at the same table . We took the late seating . Just an idea . Would be happy to help with any other questions on cruising . Have taken three others but all on Princess .
Old 04-02-2004, 07:47 AM

Thanks Mr.P for your response, I hope I don't have to many children also. When we took ours they behaved, we respected others rights, but today that does not seem to be the norm.I don't mind the blue hairs I live in Florida and that is the norm here.We are on our 23rd cruise I think kinda lost track,but in all that time I can only think of 2 that were really bad cruises.I geuss that is not a bad average.
Tom
Old 04-02-2004, 08:33 AM

23 wow . Are you going on the April 24th ?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:42 PM

We are going May 1st. Starting to get excited now, wish I had booked it a little earlier but was afraid of windy weather which makes rough seas. WE went on 1 last year at the end of March and it was very rough, probably won't go that early again.
Tom
Old 04-02-2004, 01:40 PM

I'll wave at you on my way off the boat . Hope I get good weather . We can compare notes in 5-6 weeks . Cheers , Mr.P
Old 04-02-2004, 04:35 PM

Yes we can compare notes in about 6 weeks I will look forward to talking to you when we get back i'm sure it will be interesting conversation. I'm sure you will have good weather, the middle of April thru June are my favorite months to sail. Then mid October thru mid Dec. are nice also. So long have a good trip .
Tom
Old 05-10-2004, 12:26 PM

Mr. P.
I don't know about you but this was a very good cruise in my opinion. We had a little rough weather due to the wind, but it was a really nice cruise. All the employee's were very friendly even the maintenence guys, everyone seemed to enjoy thier job and wanted to make your trip a nice one. There were a few kid's but very well behaved, no trouble at all.The food was excellent, entertainment was very good the only down things were the ship arrives in San Juan at 4:30 p.m. which is too late, and we were running about 2 hours late on top of that so it was almost a waste of time.All the shops close between 5-7 so like I said waste of time. Then on the way back we were over an hour late getting in to Nassau, I didn't care because we have been there 8-10 times and didn't loose anything, so no reason to go back. I did feel bad for the others that had not been before.The ship was the cleanest I have ever been on I was totaly satisfied, just a relaxing cruise and a very nice week. It reminds me of the older ships and cruising as it used to be,I will take this ship again.
Tom Stanton

Closed Thread