Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 02:05 AM

Hi,
as I am new to cruising, I just have a few questions:
We have booked an AquaClass room, and so are invited to the Blu-Restaurant. Does anyone know - is it better? Are we still allowed to go to the main dining romm as well? What kind of food do they offer there?
Are there any other worth-to-mention advances beside free access to Persian Garden? Do we get a bag??
Beside a tux, do I need another suit?
Would you recommend a drinking package? It seems to be nearly the 'normal' price and so I tend to buy my bottles right on the ship?!
And in some of the threads I read that Celebrity is 'European Style'. As I am an Austrian - what do you mean when you say that?

Another question: is there a WWW application or a thread where you can find some other people doing the same cruise?

Thanks in advance!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-10-2010, 03:28 AM
Hi Austrian Cruiser,
We had Aqua Class on the Soltice. We also were assigned to the Blu and remember booking the Spa rooms means healthy fare in the restaurant. I did like it but my husband was wanting more main stream type foods so we switch, try it and see you can check the menu everyday. Formal night is the only night you need either a TUX or suit unless you like to wear a suit to dine it is Resort Causal. 'European Style' I could be wrong but I think that means in the dinning experience. I didn't use a drink package but other may now here Penny did and she will answer you I know. The relaxation is is very nice as well a the Persian Garden, room is beautiful, bottle water and tea (cold) in room everyday in Aqua Class (free). Hope this help have a wonderful time ! Let me know what you thought when you get back.
Try Murano's or Tuscany Grill YUMMY

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 05-02-2010, 09:14 AM

We are booked for next February on Equinox. Now that you are back - what did you think? Would love some feedback. Ports? We are on Eastern Carribean for 10 days. Was aqua class worth the extra money?
Old 05-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Administrator

On my short media cruise on Equinox after it was formally named we got to eat in both Blu and the main dining room. This was just a snapshot of course, but I liked the main dining room better and I guess for the same reason as janfred's husband. I also stayed in one of the spa cabins. The shower was very nice with all the spray nozzle options. I think it was 5 or 6 water jets on at the same time if you wished, or just 1 if that suited you. Non-spa cabins have regular showers with one shower head.

The ship has a restful feel to it as far as layout, decor, the ambience. Nothing assaulted the senses. This may not be what some want though.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Hi DLT,
I hate swaying people to my way of thinking, but I am a fan of Concierge Class, Aqua class didn't do it for me. The relaxation room is beautiful but I didn't use it much, the Perisian Gardens was the same.. never saw it. The bottle water and ice tea didn't mean much to me either, I am so use to drinking water with the gas in it like Perrier, I don't like regular water.. it is like drinking a flat soda to me (so I am a little weird)! They had some wicks in the room setting in oil to smell nice but I could not smell anything special...so I now stick to Concierge Class...remember this is just 1 persons openion. Hope this is somewhat helpful. Other than the above mentioned CC is the same, you still get the rest of the perks and good locations. Let me know what you do and how it all turns out, you may love Aqua Class.

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 05-03-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DLT:
Now that you are back - what did you think? Would love some feedback. Ports? We are on Eastern Carribean for 10 days. Was aqua class worth the extra money?
Well, in my opinion it was worth extra money. It's always the question how much extra it costs.
I really loved the meals in the Blu, before leaving i feared a little bit the 'healthy food' - but it was excellent! Familiar atmosphere in the restaurant and perfect Steaks, Lobsters, Froglegs, Escargots, Ossobuco, ... - really an experience.
Water and ice tea in the room was nice too, giving you some comfort to have it if you want it. Access to persian garden: that's interesting. I think everyone has access to the sauna, just the steambath in the PG is locked for AQ guests. We used it just 2-3 times, but anyhow it's a good thing, i.e. if once weather should not be the best.
So, I would say it depends of what you like and of how much extra money it costs at your cruise. But especially the access to the Blu was really worth someting for me.

Ports: I liked the island of Dominica most, because it is a real rain forrest and volcano island. St. Thomas was not worth to go ashore, as it seems to be just a shopping island for jewellery we weren't interested in. Barbados is Barbados.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 PM

Welcome Back Austrian Cruiser. Thanks for letting us know, I know I would like the smelly stuff, but I alwasy bring some. The water and ice tea would be nice too, and the showers ooooh. Are they any larger than CC? I thought the showers on the Century CC were a little larger than RCI verandahs. I remember I got a great Priceline price and stayed at a "W" and the showers in the spa were fantastic, we used them every day! I always am looking for something new!
Admiral-1988
Monarch of the Seas-1993
Song of America-1994
Majesty of the Seas-1995
Splendour of the Seas-1996
CCL Destiny-1997
Empress of the Seas-1998
Rhapsody of the Seas-1998
Legend of the Seas-1999
Monarch of the Seas-2000
Windstar-2002
Grandeur of the Seas-2006
CCL Ecstasy-2006
Enchantment of the Seas-2006
Adventure of the Seas-2007
Enchantment of the Seas-2007
Grandeur of the Seas-2009
Radiance of the Seas-2009
Celebrity Century-2010

Closed Thread

Tags
aqua, aquaclass, class, cruise, equinox, extra, garden, money, perisian, persian, relaxation, reviews, room, suite, worth