Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2009, 04:03 AM

Right now we are looking at Equinox March/April 2010 for 10 days sunny Carribean cruise.
There are 4 days at sea. We have read many comments about the numbers of lounge chairs. It looks like that the lawn club and the fountain takes a lot of space from the lounge chairs.
We will not pay for an outside standing place in 4 days. Not at all, to pay extra for a chair to sit down outside.
We don't want to watch a chair for 30 min. How about the pool staff, do they enforce the rules.
The ship can carry 2850 people. Do anyone know how many lounge chairs there are at the open air decks.
Thanks, Mike
Old 08-31-2009, 06:17 AM

This problem was addressed at the Inaugural and the Equinox has added 100 more chairs than the Solstice. There are plenty of places to sit in other areas of the ship other than the pool also.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:40 AM
Administrator

I was present at the news conference discussed here by Gene Sloan of USA Today. It is an accurate account of what transpired. I then went out to the Solstice Deck to see and there were many chairs up there. Chairs around the main pool seemed sparse, but then we were sailing with maybe a 50% passenger load on the preview cruise and it was cool in the English Channel. They may not have had all chairs deployed. There were many chairs in the Solarium pool area.

I wouldn't let lounge chairs be my sole deciding factor for choosing the Equinox. It is easily the most beautiful, best-designed ship I've ever seen.

What Dan Hanrahan said to us also included comments about guests being able to have picnics on the lawn, with blankets laid out and so forth.
Old 08-31-2009, 02:03 PM

Thanks Dave for the "link page" information.
We look forward for Equinox. We already have booked Equinox for the transatlantic cruise April 19, departure from Ft.Lauderdale. First 6 days at sea. But there are many more "senior people" at this cruise, so the sunny decks are not so crowded. The lounge chairs are not so attrative.

Mike

Closed Thread

Tags
availability, celebrity, chair, chairs, cruise, cruises, deck, equinox, lounge, lounger, pool, review, reviews, ship, solstice, transatlantic