Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (
-   Celebrity Cruises (
-   -   Celebrity Solstice Advise (

Heisten 08-11-2010 02:36 PM

My wife and I are going on out first cruise. We have booked for 8/22/10 on the Solstice. We would welcome any advice on resturants, drink packages (we will indulge but not to excess) and excursions in San Juan, St Thomas and St Marteen.

janfred 08-11-2010 04:11 PM

My down fall is great food ! We did try Murano's, The Tuscan Grille and loved them both. Believe me if we had time I would have tried Silk Harvest ! The Blu resturant not so much. I also liked Bistro on 5 for Crepes. The Main Dinning is good too. Drink packages I can't help so much, we take 2 bottles of wine on board (which Celebrity allows you to carry on) I always do CC Class so we get a bottle of champagne. My husband only drinks diet coke so we do get a soda card. Hope this helps have a wonderful cruise

penny3333 08-13-2010 01:07 PM

In my opinion, the drink packages are not worth it. If you drink more than 5 a day, you might make out. Be sure you read all the terms and conditions. I purchased the frozen drink package and it was not honored at every bar. It has to be a certain size drink and has to be covered under their rules. It was not explained to us very well. My hubby purchased the premium package, but could not have a beer on it. And they charged him for a martini at the martini bar because it was a larger glass. Just make sure you have them explain all the rules before you decide.

Dave 08-13-2010 01:21 PM

Looking at the rules on those drink packages I suspect Celebrity hired someone from the IRS to develop and manage the program.