Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 02:36 PM

My wife and I are going on out first cruise. We have booked for 8/22/10 on the Solstice. We would welcome any advice on resturants, drink packages (we will indulge but not to excess) and excursions in San Juan, St Thomas and St Marteen.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2010, 04:11 PM
My down fall is great food ! We did try Murano's, The Tuscan Grille and loved them both. Believe me if we had time I would have tried Silk Harvest ! The Blu resturant not so much. I also liked Bistro on 5 for Crepes. The Main Dinning is good too. Drink packages I can't help so much, we take 2 bottles of wine on board (which Celebrity allows you to carry on) I always do CC Class so we get a bottle of champagne. My husband only drinks diet coke so we do get a soda card. Hope this helps have a wonderful cruise

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 08-13-2010, 01:07 PM

In my opinion, the drink packages are not worth it. If you drink more than 5 a day, you might make out. Be sure you read all the terms and conditions. I purchased the frozen drink package and it was not honored at every bar. It has to be a certain size drink and has to be covered under their rules. It was not explained to us very well. My hubby purchased the premium package, but could not have a beer on it. And they charged him for a martini at the martini bar because it was a larger glass. Just make sure you have them explain all the rules before you decide.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Looking at the rules on those drink packages I suspect Celebrity hired someone from the IRS to develop and manage the program.

Closed Thread

Tags
beer, beverage, card, carry, celebrity, celebriy, cruise, drink, ons, packages, reviews, soda, solstice, wine, worth