Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 06:43 PM

Penny, we would love to smuggle you in! We'd have a blast!

Our cruise starts 12/4 and we return the 14th. This was one of those spur-of-the-moment things. Don got an email about it and we just called to check availability, prices, etc. Next thing I know, we are booked. Funny how that happens!

Now I have to plan to do Christmas shopping, Christmas cards, baking, etc. in November. Oh, well, it will get done and then I can totally relax on the cruise.

I hope the ship is decorated for Christmas. We were on the Grandeur once when it was decorated and it was beautiful.

Nadine
Old 07-14-2009, 08:21 AM

It will be decorated beautifully. I LOVE holiday cruises! It's especially nice since we get the week off between Christmas and New Years so I don't have to burn vacation time. The downside is, they usually double the prices of the cruise. I have received so many fantastic offers that I am so tempted. Ron (my hubby) states, 1 cruise a year, period. If I want to go on more than that, I'm on my own. Which is fine with me, just need another credit card or two
Old 07-14-2009, 01:29 PM

Yep, paying for these cruises can get tricky! We are having some landscaping done, so we decided there would be no cruise this winter. Yeah, right! Get out the plastic!!

Nadine
Old 07-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Oh great. Here I am set to leave for London and the Equinox preview cruise in a week and a measles panic develops. The thing is, I'll wager many of those people didn't need the shot. For instance, people born in 1956 or earlier. So now you have the Dutch government going overboard and making people get a shot. I imagine if anyone refused they would quarantine them.

Hopefully this will blow over before I arrive. I don't like taking vaccines which can make me mildly ill, and then taking cruises and flying across the Atlantic.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 PM

Dave, that is unreal! I do hope it has blown over and things have calmed down before you get there. I don't blame you for not wanting to get the shot during your trip.

Good luck!

Nadine
Old 07-18-2009, 04:11 PM

Hopefully this will blow over before I arrive. I don't like taking vaccines which can make me mildly ill, and then taking cruises and flying across the Atlantic.[/quote]

I am sure you had your share of those in the Service. I don't want to think about the number of shots I had before we shipped out for Nam.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:20 PM
You both made me think of all the shots I had to have in the Air Force like the "Swine Flu" and here about 20 years later it is back and no one remembers it from the past, I remember we were all upset because the shot was so unknown to what the side effects could be.....OMG I can't get enough BACON till this day and I kid you not !!! But you know the Military didn't give you a choice...you just got the shot !!

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 07-18-2009, 09:52 PM

I sure hope it blows over before you go. I know I wouldn't want to be getting any vaccination shot. I don't think I'd have any way of proving that I was vaccinated. I only can prove the smallpox vaccination from the scar.

Dwayne

Closed Thread