Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Banned

I would like to get some input as to what everyone thinks about the Century leaving for the summer? We think the Century is the greatest and have been able to go when ever we wanted. Now with her gone will there be another Celebrity ship left at Ft. Lauderdale or will it be a void? It has gotten so lately that there are very few ships in the Carribean for the summer.I know that it has driven up the prices of a summer cruise.I just wanted to get some thoughts and some input.
Tom
Old 12-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Banned

I would like to get some input as to what everyone thinks about the Century leaving for the summer? We think the Century is the greatest and have been able to go when ever we wanted. Now with her gone will there be another Celebrity ship left at Ft. Lauderdale or will it be a void? It has gotten so lately that there are very few ships in the Carribean for the summer.I know that it has driven up the prices of a summer cruise.I just wanted to get some thoughts and some input.
Tom
Old 12-28-2004, 02:39 PM

I think that the demand for Europe cruises this year is so strong that Celebrity felt they could use the additional capacity in Europe. The Europe cruise yields are quite high, but the pricing is still a bargain when compared with the land costs of travel within Europe, which is driving the demand.

I will be cruising the Century in Europe this summer and am looking forward to it.

Tom
Old 12-29-2004, 10:54 AM
Banned

Tom
Does Celebrity have another ship planned for the carribean for the summer or is there going to be a void?Do they have any mew ships being built?We really like the size of the century class ships.Thanks for the info.
Tom
Old 12-31-2004, 06:43 AM

I am disappointed that the Century is moving to Europe as this leaves a big gap between quality ships cruising in the Caribbean during the summer months. I have booked a group for this summer and am curious as to what my alternatives may be. I have called the number listed but was not able to get an answer to questions since I booked through an agent. My agent is on Vacation this week so have not been able to speak with as of yet. Any thoughts as to what may be offered as compensation or alternatives. We booked a 9 day western Caribbean vacation. Any thoughts as to how to approach this would be greatly appreciated
Old 12-31-2004, 12:06 PM

I don't think that Celebrity is replacing her in her absence.

Tom
Old 12-31-2004, 02:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by thomas stanton:
Tom
Does Celebrity have another ship planned for the carribean for the summer or is there going to be a void?Do they have any mew ships being built?We really like the size of the century class ships.Thanks for the info.
Tom

Tom,

Celebrity currently has no new ships on order.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 01-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Banned

Raoul and Tom
Thanks for the input and very good info. What sips would you recomend as an alternative to the Century or as an alternative cruise line?We like to depart from Ft. Lauderdale or Tampa if possible. Thanks in advance.
Tom
Old 01-03-2005, 01:27 PM

Tom,

it is difficult to find summer Caribbean ships that offer a product similar to "Century's". The only ship I can think of is Holland America's "Zuiderdam", offering alternating Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises from Port Everglades. Princess also sails from that port but "Caribbean Princess" is an awful lot bigger.

Raoul Fiebig

Closed Thread

Tags
century, zuiderdam