Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 09:23 AM

I know that there has been a lot of discussions about sneaking alcohol on board, but I am still not clear about one thing. Apparently you are allowed to take 2 bottles of wine per cabin on point of embarkation, but you have to pay a $25 corkage fee if you plan to drink it in the dining room or public areas. So I can drink it on my balcony without paying corkage correct? Then once the bottle is discretely opened in my cabin I can wander all over the ship with it and no one knows how or where it was purchased?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Looking at the official policy, the wording is not very clear. "Subject to" doesn't mean it will happen. It also must be hard to police the exemption for wine bought from the bon voyage program. How do they prove it, other than if your wine isn't on their bon voyage menu? It would appear they are more concerned with personal wine in the dining venues and inside bars, and less so for other areas.

The only advice I will give is to use your own discretion but be prepared to whip out the cruise card. From what I've seen it is not consistently enforced and often up to the discretion of the crew.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:39 AM

Dave, if you buy wine by the bottle on the ship, is it the same price as the gift choices?
If I am buying a bottle of wine for my husband who is travelling with me, should I have it waiting in the cabin when we arrive or would it be better to buy it on the ship? I would like to have a glass of wine (or two )on our balcony to toast the start of our cruise.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Administrator

You need to order that before the cruise starts. That way it will be on ice in your cabin when you enter.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:50 AM

Ok, thanks Dave.

I am home sick and have far too much time to dream about this cruise Fortunately I have plenty of time to recover.
Old 02-03-2008, 03:47 PM
Administrator

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, jmcs. I hope you are better soon.

As Dave mentioned, you can order a bottle (or more) for delivery to your cabin before you sail. Click here for more information. You can either call Celebrity or send in the order form. I usually call.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 AM

My husband prefers whisky ( I know in the States you write whiskey but the drink is the same!) so I'm considering purchasing the liquor package. It's $60 for a bottle & 6 soda cans which seems rather expensive. Does anyone know whether the bottle is a standard 75cl or smaller?

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, board, bottles, bring, celebrity, constelation, constellation, corkage, cruise, fee, forum, liquor, onboard, sneak, taking, wine