Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2008, 03:36 PM

We have booked the Infinity for Sept 5th...question is we will at the airport at about 7:30am. We will take a shuttle to the pier and Celebrity said we can drop off our luggage if there is someone there to receive it. So how long of a walk is it from the ship to Pike's market , things to see and do etc.? On the way home we will have LOTS of time before our flight leaves for home (4pm)....any place to stash luggage to do more looking around Seattle?? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:57 PM
As far as the Alaska cruise...

The weather can be bad anytime up there...I'm going at the end of August...bringing warm clothes...I've been there twice before and always had a jacket or sweatshirt on...Jeans, turtleneck..and raingear...but it's worth the bad weather just to be in Alaska...Happy sailing...

Bob E
Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 PM

The Infinity docks very close to the Pike St Market. I was just there a couple of weeks ago, and walked it in maybe 5 minutes. You can go up a stairway and across to an area close to the Market.

Sandy
Old 07-31-2008, 05:14 AM

There is a concierge service at the Bell Street Cruise Terminal where you can park your bags when you get back. It used to be $3 per bag. As mentioned by another poster, Pike's Market is an easy walk from the pier. You will have a great time in September!
Old 07-31-2008, 01:38 PM

Thanks for all the great info!!
Old 07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
There really is no way of knowing for sure. Husband and I went the 2nd week in September, and had wonderful weather. A neighbor just returned from Alaskan cruise 7/19 - 7/26 and had rain all week. I've had friends go in August and have rain and cold all week. The weather is fickle. The cruise is wonderful in any event. I'd suggest, go and take your chances. It's less expensive in September.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:10 PM

I am from Washington and visit Seattle every year. Pike Place market is one thing you should not miss when in Seattle. It should not be far as it is just across from the harbor. Transportation is excellent in Seattle and people are really friendly there, so don"t be shy just ask the best way to get to the market. No accounting for the weather, we were there in Aug last year and it rained, but usually will let up for awhile then start again. If you have a little umbrella it may be a good idea to pack it. Good luck, have fun and don't miss the wonderful market at Pike Place.

Closed Thread

Tags
719726, celebrity, cruise, embarkation, line, norwegian, pier, seattle, weather