Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 05:15 AM

Neil, I don't know if this will help you in booking clients on future Millennium cruises, but we were on the 2/3/08 Eastern Caribbean sailing on Millennium, and our cruise was very pleasant. There were a few areas on the ship that could probably use a refurb, but isn't that the case on all ships? If one is looking for "brand spanking new", why choose ships that are 8 years old. Our stateroom furnishings were in very good shape (including linens)and even though there were some signs of mildew on the shower curtain (it was replaced without our asking on the 2nd day)it was certainly nothing to ruin the cruise. The Millennium is a stately ship and very roomy. We never felt crowded in any venue. The biggest area for improvement, IMHO, is the service inconsistency. For the most part, however, employees went out of their way to make our cruise a pleasant experience.
I would recommend Celebrity and the Millennium to anyone considering a cruise.
Moonie
Old 03-01-2008, 10:27 AM

Moonie, Thank you very much for your input. Was delighted to read your review and it confirmed what I suspected, that some are overly critical. Not to put down legitimate issues, they do happen with all the lines from time to time. It really helps to know as much of both sides as possible in choosing a cruise and steering folks to the right cruise.

Thanks again, Neil
Old 03-01-2008, 11:54 AM

My husband and I have now returned from our cruise. It seems that the person who is complaining about the Millennium was on the same cruise as us but it's hard to believe as I can only say what a fantastic time we had. The only negative things I can think of were that there were one or two minor cosmetic blemishes in our room. Also, we had asked to have a table for two in the restaurant which we didn't get (even though it was stated we would on our reservation confirmation and the maitre'd said he couldn't change our seating when we asked him). Other than that,the staff were amazing and played a big part in making this such a special holiday for us. We wanted to bring our assistant waiter, Ozgur, home with us he was so lovely. The places we visited were fantastic. I remember reading somewhere that it wasn't worth getting off the ship at the Dominican Republic and when we saw what looked like an industrial area with black smoking chimneys etc. I thought they were right but that would have been such a mistake. We booked an excursion to Bayahibe beach and it was such a beautiful place it would have been a shame to have missed it. I must recommend the excursion we took at Labadee, it was to be "Castaway" at Mafini beach. This was just so amazing I wanted to stay there forever! The nearest thing to paradise I have ever seen (and my husband agrees). We were also very brave (I think) and did the BOSS underwater scooter tour at St. Thomas. I was terrified but wow what an adventure. I'm so glad we did it. I loved the Millennium. The staff and other guests were so friendly. The food was great. I adored having a balcony which I went out on early each morning to watch as we arrived in another beautiful place and which we stood on at night marvelling at how peaceful it was.

Most of the other guests we spoke to seem to have been on many cruises. My husband and I are not able to do this, unfortunately our finances do not allow it, so this may be the only time we ever get to experience such a wonderful holiday. We did this, with the help of family and friends, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary, so a big THANK YOU to them. I'm hoping that someday we will be able to do it all again and I'd have no hesitation in booking with Celebrity (though the Millennium will probably be gone by then!) Finally, thank you so much for all the info. you gave me before the cruise, it was so useful.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:01 PM

Welcome back Liverpool Lass! Very happy to haer you have such a great cruise vacation. I do hope in the future you get the oppt'y to cruise again. Also, thanks for coming back to share your experience with us and I hope you hang around and visit some more.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, carnival, carribean, celebrity, check, crouser, cruiser, liverpool, millenium, milleniumcruiser, reviews, shows, time, western, wwwcruiser