Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/)
-   -   RCCL or CC ????? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/celebrity-cruises/7916-rccl-cc.html)

Cocktails_42 09-14-2007 08:24 PM

I have sailed 6 Royal Caribbean ships. I would like to try Celebrity next. Can anyone tell me the difference in ships and services. Which of the larger ships would you recommend???

Cruise Fanatic 09-15-2007 06:12 AM

The difference is RCI is mass market and Celebrity is premium. Celebrity has a totally different touch/feel about it. I love Celebrity. They are very refined, the service is superb, the ships are elegant. I would try one of the Millennium class ships. That would be the Millennium, Summit, Constellation, or Infinity. The Thalassotheraphy pool area is heaven.

LisaP 09-15-2007 06:55 AM

Another option, if you can wait until early 2009, is Celebrity Solstice. She'll be the largest Celebrity ship, at approximately 120K gross tons.

Sonny V 09-15-2007 03:56 PM

Another thing to consider: You're not far from being a diamond member. If you book a cruise on Celebrity, you won't get a cruise credit for Royal Caribbean. They offer a lot of perks to diamond members.

Sonny

Mark O'C 09-26-2007 06:02 AM

Celebrity and RCCL cruise credits combine. I have cruised several RCCL cruises, went on the Millenium this summer. I will never sail RCCL again, Celebrity is so much better in my opinion.

Sonny V 09-26-2007 07:09 AM

Cruise credits do NOT combine. If you book a cruise on Celebrity you won't get a cruise credit for RCCL. If you are a gold, platinum, or diamond member on RCCL, you will get the same status when you sail on Celebrity; and vice-versa. Cruise credits stay with the cruise line you book. You can call the Crown and Anchor Society at 1-800*526-9723 for more information.

Sonny

jmcs 09-26-2007 09:27 AM

Quote:

The Thalassotheraphy pool area is heaven.
Please can you tell me about the Thalassotheraphy pool? I understand that use of it is free on the Constellation?

Cruise Fanatic 09-26-2007 12:40 PM

It's heaven and free on the Millennium class ships. Best way to discribe it probably is a supersized hot tub.

peter l 09-26-2007 03:22 PM

You are correct Sonny as I have checked on our Celebrity cruises and RCL and Celebrity do not honor each others cruises toward the total number. We have sailed Celebrity and although they are what is being said, we do prefer to go RCL.

Peter1

Sonny V 09-26-2007 06:08 PM

Hi Peter ,

I have good friends that just turned diamond plus. They tried Celebrity last year and feel the same as you about prefering RCCL. I didn't think I was wrong on the cruise credit sharing. If they ever change their policy I'll try cruising on Celebrity. I'll be on my 40th cruise next month. I'm just starting to get upgrades and I'm lovin it!

Sonny