Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 12:30 PM

Hello everyone,

I was reading an article about cruises and I found a link to this site and here I am. My family (Mother, brothers and sisters) and I will be setting sail to the Western Carribean in December 2009 on the Century.

I am looking for any and all information that anyone can give me on your experience with cruising on this ship. In looking at the brochure that was provided to me by the travel agent and also looking at the website, I know that we made a good choice. But I just wanted to hear someone's first hand experience.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

We are so happy you have joined us. Lots of experience here among the membership, so you'll be getting some good information.

A first cruise is always exciting, and you have a year to wait for it. I like the western Caribbean. It is pleasant in December too, at least in my experience.

Our first Celebrity cruise happened to be on the Century, but that was several years ago and the ship has since undergone significant upgrading with many changes in the layout. Celebrity offers a fine cruise product. They are more reserved with very few announcements, and a more European feel to the service. I've always enjoyed Celebrity's food and service.

Look here to see some reviews of the Century. Also note that you'll some good and not-so-good reviews. Don't dwell on the negatives. Some people read one or two bad reviews and they think they are going to have lousy cruise. I'd pay more attention to the reviews written by Tom Ogg. They are a couple years old but still mostly relevant.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:40 PM

Hi Cruiser09, welcome to Cruise-Chat. We have not had the pleasure of cruising with Celebrity---yet. We're scheduled for next December on the Solstice, I'm so excited. I have had friends that have sailed with Celebrity and had very good reports from their cruises. Not sure which ship you're sailing on, but we sure will try to answer your questions. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:39 AM
Hi Cruiser09
We had a wonderful time on Century after the re-furb in 2007 to Scotland & Ireland. The ship was beautiful. We had a balcony cabin, loved our cabin, all the nice items like flat screen TV on the wall in front of the bed. You will have a grand time

Cruise Countdown Tickers
Old 12-18-2008, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Hi Cruiser09, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

I agree with the previous responses. We were onboard Century in 2007 for a 12-night cruise to the Norwegian Fjords and Arctic Circle. The ship, as janfred noted, was beautiful. We had a balcony cabin, but also got to see an oceanview cabin and it was quite roomy. Entertainment was very good, and we loved the Cova Cafe area by the atrium, where there was almost always something going on.

We enjoyed the ship very much, and would not hesitate to return. In fact, she was in contention for our upcoming summer cruise, but itinerary was the deciding factor.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 AM

I agree with the others. I've been on the Century twice. Before and after the 55 million refurbishment. I love the Century. Expecially the Cova Cafe area. The Century is a lovely ship, not to big, not to small.

Closed Thread