Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2007, 01:51 AM

Anyone out there going on Millie next week. Have you been on this ship before and has anyone any useful info to get the best out of this cruise, Venice to Barcelona.
Have we done the best thing to try Athens and Rome trips ashore, on our own, by train?
Only 8 more days - I can't wait.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:04 AM

How did the cruise go? Age of guests? Cabin service?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
How did the cruise go? Age of guests? Cabin service?
Old 07-01-2007, 03:30 AM

The cruise was great if you like the company of mostly Americans. Age range from 30's - 80's with mostly USA, few Brits, few Japanese, few NZ'S and Canadians.
Service was superb and us being English very appreciated. ( guess you should expect this on a 5*ship). OUr cabin stewardess Mary was lovely and the cabin always looked nice when we returned to it. Cabin was roomy enough and there was enough room for storage of cases under the bed. Wardrobe space ok, shower great - first time we've had a decently powered shower on board ship, safe had plenty of room. Lots of little nooks and crannies to store miscellaneous items. The dispenser in bathroom had nice body lotion and towels were ok, though a bit small after shower.
Tours were quite good, although over priced, and if in Venice be aware that there is a public shuttle boat to San Marco for 11 euro rather than the 20 euro charged by Celebrity, just around the corner of landing stage.
Trains very efficient in Athens, Rome and Villefrance, and inexpensive - just remember to double check the one you plan to return to port in is running that day - ask rather than guess. It's a hard 150euro lesson to learn when a taxi from Rome to Civitavecchia is needed when 5.08 train has been cancelled. It's also nerve racking when the driver says he will get back to the port by 7pm latest and you know the last time back is 6.45 - made it with 3 minutes to spare!!!
All told the whole experience was lovely and the food and service made it so. May use them again, but missed the Englishness of P&O and hated having to keep collecting cases at airports and transporting them to coaches en route. Flights with Lufthansa were very efficient and we got drinks and rolls on board the aircraft each time. Hope this helps, even though late in replying.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:47 PM

Patsy, good review, honest, positive, informative. I am wondering where home is for you. I am thinking Great Britain, am I wrong? You mentioned the "Englishness" of P&O cruises and KLM flights. This could be helpful to round out your review.

I enjoyed the Millennium more than other ships I had sailed. Very roomy, easy to have a quiet place to read or relax. The Thalasso-therapy Pool is one of my favorite things.

Closed Thread