Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2007, 02:37 PM

I just booked my first celebrity cruise. We ususally go RCCL. We are going to Alaska in 2008. Everything I read about Infinity is a nightmare. Food stinks. Ship smells from smoke. Have to wear a jacket to dinner almost every night or you don't eat. This just sounds terrible. Has anyone EVER had a good Infinity cruise or should I abandon ship and go back to RCCL. Anyone wishing a private response can send t to fjtpres@hotmail.com
thanks to all...HELP!
Old 07-08-2007, 03:41 PM

If you think Celebrity is so terrible, why on earth did you book on it???

A satisfied Celebrity cruiser
Old 07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Really!

With an attitude like that, I doubt if anything said here is going to change your mind; you are headed for disaster.

Mayday! Mayday! Abandon ship!!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:41 PM

I don't know where you've read all these terrible reports but I book cruises for a living and get regular reports back from Infinity and all the ships from 27 different lines. I can tell you that Infinity recieves regular and recent reviews that are as good as nearly any ship in the mainstream industry. Mt own mother, who was for years a Princess loyal recently asked me about a cruise with Celebrity and I told her what I'll tell you. There is no cruiseline I'd more highly recommend for overall quality of food and service. There are those out there that can find something to complain about if they look hard enough about any ship or cruiseline. There are also the rest of us who don't try so hard to find fault. I think if you'll let yourself, you'll have among the best cruise experiences of your life with your recent booking. But if you believe the bad press and go in with that as your expectation you'll find that too.

Ever have someone you like introduce you to someone they knew and say something like "Hey I want you to meet my good friend Rick, he's a great guy, you're going to love this guy". Ever had a friend say "See this guy coming this way, his name is Bob, what a jerk, I hope he doesn't stop to chat." You never met either of these fictitous people but you imediatly formed an opinion. You like Rick, you don't like or want anything to do with Bob. There are many more people out there that feel Celebrity is a Rick than those who see them as Bob. They wouldn't be in business and building new ships as we type if that weren't the case.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-09-2007, 07:10 AM

Hi,
I started reading cruise reviews after I booked. I had heard Celebrity was great but got scared after reading this stuff. Just wanted some honest feedback.

Quote:
Originally posted by happycruiser 3131:

Old 07-09-2007, 07:12 AM

Hi,
I started reading cruise reviews after I booked. I had heard Celebrity was great but got scared after reading this stuff. Just wanted some honest feedback.

Quote:
Originally posted by happycruiser 3131:

Old 07-09-2007, 07:13 AM

Hi Neil.
Thanks for the input. I have a concierge cabin with a double balcony. I am sure I will enjoy the cruise. I am feeling better about this after reading you input.

Thanks,
Frank

Quote:
Originally posted by TrvlPro:
I don't know where you've read all these terrible reports but I book cruises for a living and get regular reports back from Infinity and all the ships from 27 different lines. I can tell you that Infinity recieves regular and recent reviews that are as good as nearly any ship in the mainstream industry. Mt own mother, who was for years a Princess loyal recently asked me about a cruise with Celebrity and I told her what I'll tell you. There is no cruiseline I'd more highly recommend for overall quality of food and service. There are those out there that can find something to complain about if they look hard enough about any ship or cruiseline. There are also the rest of us who don't try so hard to find fault. I think if you'll let yourself, you'll have among the best cruise experiences of your life with your recent booking. But if you believe the bad press and go in with that as your expectation you'll find that too.

Ever have someone you like introduce you to someone they knew and say something like "Hey I want you to meet my good friend Rick, he's a great guy, you're going to love this guy". Ever had a friend say "See this guy coming this way, his name is Bob, what a jerk, I hope he doesn't stop to chat." You never met either of these fictitous people but you imediatly formed an opinion. You like Rick, you don't like or want anything to do with Bob. There are many more people out there that feel Celebrity is a Rick than those who see them as Bob. They wouldn't be in business and building new ships as we type if that weren't the case.

Cheers, Neil
Old 08-14-2007, 10:56 AM

Why on earth did you book the cruise if you heard all these stories???????????????
Old 08-14-2007, 11:31 AM

ftacher - I have been through a similar process. Our group booked the Celebrity Infinity after we almost went on the Golden Princess. So - I settled in and checked out all the reviews. All the reviews I read seemed to indicate that the Infinity was a great ship! I got so excited. Went on Webshots and took a look at all the photos. Just when I was thoroughly psyched - our group moved to the Star Princess because it goes to Skagway unlike the Infinity.
Oh well - glad we are on Princess, but I really was looking forward to the Infinity.
Let us know your review when you get back.

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 08-15-2007, 04:30 AM

Hallo Cruiser

who is telling you this crazy things ?
We made the 4. cruise on all Millenium Class
Ships,( all incl. our 14 .cruise, but we have never , never anything to complaint on Celebrity Ships, this is the reason why we allways go back to this Cruise Line. Be shure your cruise will be all right and very pretty

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, code, cruise, cruises, dining, dress, formal, infinity, jeans, night, pompous, roomsome, shipsno, vacation, wear