Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Celebrity Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2005, 01:57 PM

The reviews on this ship are very confusing. For every good review I seem to read at least one bad one. The bad one's question the quality of the food, cleanliness, say its old and worn although most like the itinerary.
Anyone who has been on the Galaxy in the last 3 months, please tell me what you think. We are booked for Sept 2006 -Med Greek Cruise 11 nights and would hate to spend the money and not enjoy.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:15 PM

We are sailing on the Galaxy in March 06 to the Panama canal ... we are in our mid 30's (adventurous type) and have been on many cruises. I'll post a little feedback when we return.... although itinerary is our main reason for this booking so i won't be picking the ship over like i would a cruise to nowhere
Old 10-06-2005, 02:50 PM

Hi
My family and I are sailing transatlantic on the Galaxy within the next few weeks, if you can hang-on that long I'll give you all the feedback you want or need.
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-07-2005, 06:46 AM

Thanks guys looking forward to reading your reviews. Incidentally the odd scuff or wear wont worry me- cleanliness and sleeping comfort will as would poor food.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:45 AM

Hi Mike,
We were on the Galaxy for 2 weeks the middle of May and our friends just disembarked from a Med cruise last week.

We found that the ship was lovely - the only complaint that I had was that the front lounge (on the top floor) has the double windows fogged up - all except 2 windows. That was annoying, but not a big problem, we just sat by another window. The ship is kept spotless.

We were in a CC cabin - when we entered, the bed had two twin bedspreads draped over it - that wasn't acceptable (!) and so we asked the attendant to find a regular queen bedspread and also for some additional bedding.

The ship is old and you can find some tears etc, but it is well maintained.

We found that the service and food in the dining room was the best we have had in the last few cruises. We found it better than the Constellation or the Millennium - except in the extra pay dining room - which the Galaxy doesn't have.

Our friends had a balcony cabin and were very pleased with it, except for one day when they returned and the veranda had been painted and they couldn't enjoy it that day!

I predict that you will read all sorts of reviews, as everyone has a different experience, based on their expectations and their prevailing mood at the time!

We have never had a *perfect* cruise, but then we don't expect one, but we have had 17 WONDERFUL cruises!

Best wishes,

Carol
Old 10-25-2005, 07:15 AM

I will be sailing on the Galaxy on September 12th, 2005 to the Panama Canal and will do a thorough review of her. I am looking forward to the ship and the experience and will let you know what I think.

Tom
Old 10-25-2005, 07:50 AM

Hi Tom,

didnīt you miss the ship, when it departed on september 12th?

And what about a review about the Splendour?
You have been on her some weeks ago and tell me, are you writing a review or not?

Best regards
Marita

Old 11-02-2005, 05:43 AM

Mike
I'm just back from a 14 day cruise on the Galaxy and I could not believe that the ship is 9 years old, she is STUNNING. Yes there are a few minor scuffs but what else can anyone expect.
I'm going to type a full review within the next few days.
Billy

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-02-2005, 06:47 AM

Marita, I hope to have the Splendour review done within the next couple of days. The server crash disrupted the flow of my efforts.

mps, I am looking forward to reading your review!

Tom

Closed Thread