Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Seereisenforum > Der Rest der Kreuzfahrtwelt
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2003, 03:19 PM

hi, sorry to write in english,but thought i could post in case anyone has info/been on either of the sun bay ships,i am going on sun bay 1 thios week to st petersburg among other pl;aces for 2 week cruise,am a little worried as i read this ship is not stabilized anyone have any info on this
Old 05-27-2003, 03:19 PM

hi, sorry to write in english,but thought i could post in case anyone has info/been on either of the sun bay ships,i am going on sun bay 1 thios week to st petersburg among other pl;aces for 2 week cruise,am a little worried as i read this ship is not stabilized anyone have any info on this
Old 05-28-2003, 04:00 AM

Hello Sunbourndt

I did a cruise two years ago with the sun bay I. This ship had a lot of lacks but - as I have been informed - the line improved the quality of this ship. So the sun bay was built without anti-roll bars. But in the meantime the line stabilized the ship. Since I had really bad experience with this ship I would really be gratefull, if you could report shortly about your cruise. The sun bay is a beautiful little ship. Unfortunately I travelled two months after the maiden voyage, so the staff wasn't trained. The food was good and tasty. the service was quite attentive. But the cruise director was horrible (As I heard, he was fired a few weeks later)

with best regards

Ernst
Old 05-28-2003, 04:01 AM

Hello Sunbourndt

I did a cruise two years ago with the sun bay I. This ship had a lot of lacks but - as I have been informed - the line improved the quality of this ship. So the sun bay was built without anti-roll bars. But in the meantime the line stabilized the ship. Since I had really bad experience with this ship I would really be grateful, if you could report shortly about your cruise. The sun bay is a beautiful little ship. Unfortunately I travelled two months after the maiden voyage, so the staff wasn't trained. The food was good and tasty. the service was quite attentive. But the cruise director was horrible (As I heard, he was fired a few weeks later)

with best regards

Ernst
Old 05-28-2003, 07:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by seabourndt:

Hi David,

the ship went back to the yard in early 2002 to have stabilizers added.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 05-29-2003, 01:45 PM

HI RAOUL,GLAD TO HEAR IT,OBVIOSLY THE WRITER OF THE BERLITZ GUIDE GOT IT WRONG.WAS A LITTKLE WORRIED AS WE ARE GOING IN THE OPEN SEAS UP TO ST PETERSBURG,I CAN'T WAIT.WILL REPORTB WHEN I RETURN,THEY HAD A GROUP CANCELLATION SO WE GOT IT SO 50% OFF FROM NOBLE CALEDONIA.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.WENT ON ADONIA LAST WEEK ON OVERNIGHT IN SOTON,VRERYU NICE SHIP[,THIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SHIP.THEY CHANGED THE FLIGHTS AFTER THEY LOST THE BRITISH AIRWAYS ONES WE FLY VIA DUSSELDOFF,2 PLANES,AND DON'T FLY BACK UNTIL SUNDAY EVENING SO I'VE BOOKED A FLT OF AIR BERLIN,ANY IDEA HOW MUCH IT WILL COST TO GET FROM LUBECK TO HAMBURG AIRPORT?
Old 05-30-2003, 02:46 AM

Hi David,

I'm sorry but I have no idea as to the fare from Lübeck to Hamburg Airport.

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-16-2003, 01:08 PM

hi just got back from a greast baltic cruise 14nts it was great.glad they had stabilizers added as it was rough as times as i was at the front too.worst was halsinki-tallinn force 7,glad it was only 4hours.the staff were ukranian and so so helpful,cruise director was great as was the captain who was the best we talked to him,he talked to us during piorate night(the passengers) took him hostage with a cutless.had great tme 9differrent countries.was quite sasd to get off her.will be writing to berlitz as they said it was not stbilized glad raoul put my mind at rest.got a bus transfer to hamburg ok though they put me at the wrong terminal.saw lots of germans and german cruise ships including mona lisa several times,though shecwass familar was she the VICTORIA?
Old 06-16-2003, 03:23 PM

Hi David,

how great to learn you had a wonderful time.

Yes, the "Mona Lisa" is the former "Victoria".

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 07-08-2003, 08:05 AM

Hallo lieber Raoul,

ich muss bitte bitte ganz dringend wissen, ob es auf der Sun Bay eine Wäscherei gibt. Hab Kunden, die nächste Woche damit durch die Ostsee kreuzen und bekomme ständig unterschiedliche Antworten...

Danke für ne rasche Info an
hense91224@aol.com

liebe Grüße,
Susanne Piskorz

Tags
bay, caledonia, constellation, cruise, cruises, director, history, horrible, ii, noble, ship, sun, sunbay, taufe