Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2005, 12:59 PM

sailing on Norwegian Dream in October. I have a disability that causes me to get dizzy and fall a lot. All of the handicapped cabins were gone. Will the regular cabin have a tub or shower with those slippery fiberglass floors? Do they have a bar to hang onto? Should I bring my trusty rubber bath mat? Can I request one from the porter?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:59 PM

sailing on Norwegian Dream in October. I have a disability that causes me to get dizzy and fall a lot. All of the handicapped cabins were gone. Will the regular cabin have a tub or shower with those slippery fiberglass floors? Do they have a bar to hang onto? Should I bring my trusty rubber bath mat? Can I request one from the porter?
Old 09-13-2005, 02:22 PM

We just returned from the Dream and the shower floor was NOT slippery; it had "no slip" strips (3?)inside the shower. The shower was TINY (we were on the Norwegian Deck)and the bathroom floor was the same as the shower with a small drain OUTside of the shower so you could actually stand where you choose and use the detachable handheld shower head. There was a bar near the toilet but we can't remember one inside the shower...........there COULD be one, though. The Room Stewards seem to be able to locate many things, so perhaps they have a rubber mat, but I doubt you'll need one. Are you aware there is a step UP into the bathroom? Have a grand time.

Closed Thread

Tags
showers, slippery