Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2005, 10:27 PM

We are going on a cruise with RCCL in June 2006. One of our ports is in Cozumel. Does that require tendering or does the ship dock? Also, does any one know if there are taxis that are capable of transporting someone that needs to ride in their chair? I have been told that it will be best to go to a beach club, but no one has told me how to get us there.

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:27 PM

We are going on a cruise with RCCL in June 2006. One of our ports is in Cozumel. Does that require tendering or does the ship dock? Also, does any one know if there are taxis that are capable of transporting someone that needs to ride in their chair? I have been told that it will be best to go to a beach club, but no one has told me how to get us there.

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:14 PM

We leave in 13 days. I will let you know when I get back. If not email me at Linsarmom@aol.com and I will tell you all about Cozumel. I did talk to someone from there and they siad there is some w/c vans in the taxi fleet.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:50 PM

will you let me know also, jaiibirdsound@aol.com. My sweetheart and I are going in 15 days.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Administrator

There are handicapped-accessible taxis in Cozumel. But you may have to get the taxi-stand coordinator to call for one. They will be more than happy to help.

As for the docks......they are still not usable and it may be up to a year before ships will be able to dock in Cozumel. At present, and for the foreseeable future, all passengers must tender ashore.

Closed Thread

Tags
accessible, capabletaxi, comments, cozumel, handicap, handicapped, sites, taxi, taxis, travelbest, wheelchair, wheelchairs, wheelchhaair