Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2005, 01:03 PM

we will be traveling on the Sovereign Of The Seas in a few weeks. I asked about tenders to Coco Cay and was told that they carry you onto the tender. I am a big girl and I wonder about this. Is it the same case when we dock in Nassau ?
Old 11-04-2005, 01:03 PM

we will be traveling on the Sovereign Of The Seas in a few weeks. I asked about tenders to Coco Cay and was told that they carry you onto the tender. I am a big girl and I wonder about this. Is it the same case when we dock in Nassau ?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:51 AM

Depends on if you are confined to the chair or not, you will always have some sort of gangplank or stairs to get off the ship and usually that means some degree of being tilted or carried. I am about 205 lbs and was carried onto a tender on Princess almost upside down I was on my back legs in the air and everyone was laughing or gasping, great fun I can tell you.

They mean well but really have not got a clue and it is amazing I did not end up in the ocean.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:39 PM

My hubby and I are both disabled and going on our first cruise to Hawaii via NCL on March 22. My mom is payingfor it, clothes and all. We'll pay for any tours we go on. I see that the tours we want to go on are wheelchair accessible. My hubby has a lung disease, which has caused him to have 50% lung capacity, so it's been hard for him to push me in my manual w/c. I am getting a Power Chair, but just this evening, on NCL's site, that I can't bring it, as it doesn't collapse like my manual does. Will all the tenders at each port in Hawaii carry me on and off the tenders? I can walk a little with my walker at home and down my ramp to our van and use a step stool to get into the van with not too much help. I'm bringing my new collapsible cane with me just in case. Any suggestions? My mobility problems are caused from major and chronic bone spurs from 3 falls and a broken back sustained in '79. Ski accident in '77 and a fall off a UHaul truck landing on the wing nut of the tow bar that towed Bob's car to our move to Sandy, Utah in '81. We live in Washington now and have the past 18 1/2 years to Bob's home town. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Closed Thread

Tags
tenders