Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2006, 09:16 AM

she was born club footed she cant stand up for long periods of time , the last cruise , we ask the man if they had a h/capped line to the booth where you give them the boarding passes , and the long line to take the pics of you getting on the boat, he said no! one line for all. shes not cofined to a wheel chair, but she has her h/c license and scars to prove it . i was wondering if i just had a person with a bad day or what ? thanks. when we did leave the boat they had a long line to the bus to take us back to the parking garage, we told the porter and he took both us and our bags to the bus i gave him a $10.00
Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 PM

You probably did encounter someone who was having a bad day, but without a wheelchair, or a cane or crutches, you may have some difficulty convincing some of the cruise line employees to let you bypass some of the lines - after all, everyone would like to get onboard faster! You might inquire about renting a wheelchair to take onboard with you, if only so your wife has a place to sit when you are in line for things.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:53 PM

it just the line to get on the boat, checking in.the line was long and snaked around so you couldnt really is how long it was. i dont want to be pushing a wheel chair around on the boat, maybe we will have a nice person in no.la.i dought it. sorry my grammers not the best! was just wondering about an express line. hopefully her feet wont be hurting to bad that day. were doing no excursions.just to have a good time together.i like the hot tub early in the morning. before anyone gets in it .and foofoo drinks whats in them yellow ones anyway???
Old 11-29-2006, 09:04 AM

My mom is considered handicap because she has had a 5-way bypass surgery on her heart. Two years ago when we cruised she was not in a wheelchair but we asked someone about a shorter line for her to get into because she cant stand long or walk any long distance. They provided her with a wheelchair and took us immediately through the handicap line and had someone push her up the ramp to the boat to get her on faster. I definitely think you hit someone with a bad day. We did rent a wheelchair for the trip this last fall as she is on oxygen now. It wasnt bad pushing it on the ship and usually everytime we turned around there was someone there to help her. It would be worth it just to rent the chair to get onto the ship and possibly for excursions. We paid $2 per day at a company in the town where we live the provides medical supplies and sells wheelchairs, scooters, etc. Its worth every penny.

Closed Thread