Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2003, 08:16 AM

Can anyone tell me how easy is or isn't it to get around Nassau? How about the Atlantis? Is it easy to get to with a wheelchair? Is it worth the trip?
Anything you can tell me with be helpful.

How about St. Thomas any one been there in a wheelchair? What if anything was worth seeing?

Thanks Linda
Old 02-11-2003, 09:56 PM

St. Thomas is beautiful, but nothing is handicapped accessibal as we know it. I walk with a walker and it's difficult for me. Shuttle busses are really for people with good mobility, and 150 pounds or less. Don't try doing downtown, as the sidewalks slant and very rough. They have shops right at the main pier, if you're lucky enough to go to that pier for docking. Look at the brochures they give you on the cruise lines. Some will show wheelchair accessible. It's a decent indicator, but not always 100% accurate. I hope you make out OK.
Old 02-12-2003, 09:31 AM

Linda, if memory serves, wheelchairs should be ok in Nassau proper, for shopping & stuff, though maybe some narrow spots. Atlantis itself is probably reasonably accessible, but I am not sure about the rides there - most cabs seem to be standard cars & very small vans, definitely not wheelchair-friendly. I agree with the previous post on St. Thomas; fortunately the shops by the main cruise dock are very nice, and easy to get to. In fact, a fellow shopper there was in a wheelchair, when I was there in Sept. Prices didn't seem a lot higher than in town, either.
Hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Old 02-12-2003, 02:54 PM

Thanks for the info.
I guess we do what we can do. I'm going to take it one day at a time. We will make are own good times. It is going to be 9 degrees tomorrow so I really don't care as long as I'm out of that cold.
Thanks again.

Closed Thread

Tags
accesible, accessible, atlantis, cruise, it, nassau, tour, wheelchair, worth