Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 08:32 PM

I would like to hear from some who have been on the golden princess in a scooter or wheelchair and how you got around the ship and are there push buttons for doors? Are the crew very helpful at getting us on the ship and off and my mom can't stand in line to long pushing me do to her knee problems and I can't use my arms for the wheelchair so will they help us get on early do you know? I am going to Hawaii and saw one tendering port but hope that's all and it said not well suited for w/c but I want to get off at all ports and can with assistance cause I can walk a little with cane. I would love to hear from anyone in a wheelchair or people who know about this ship how friendly it is towards w/c users, and are there many excursions that we could go on with a manuel wheelchai? If Holland cruiselines work better with disabled tell me right away if you can cause on the 8th I put down a large sum to hold my reservations and I really want to go to Hawaii and this ship actually had a 2010 reservation open.
Old 06-13-2008, 10:24 AM

Hi Shana, I just came back from Hawaii and had a wonderful time, I have M.s. so pretty well comfined to a wheelchair!
I was on the Diamond by Princess and no probem getting around, i rented a scooter, all the staff were great and helpful! some Islands you have to go in by tender, however they look after you very well.
I am booked up next year to on the golden princess to Hawaii again and I am not worried so I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Hetty
Old 06-17-2008, 05:54 PM

Thank you so much Hetty for responding to me on this. Is Hawaii's sidewalks have curbes that are acceible by scooter or would I have to worry about not being able to get around the city? Are there excursions that you went on that don't require walking and are able to at least bring a wheelchair with? I would love to hear more if and when your up to it. Thanks, Shana
Old 06-19-2008, 08:08 PM

Hi Shana, Hawaii is very handicapped friendly
the curbs are easy to manage and there are lots of transportation that is handicapped accessible
We were together as a family and rented a car so that was easy for me.
Most of the the tours involved walking so I did'nt go!
What ever ship you take will be able to give you that info.
You will love Hawaii and the all the islands.
Hope that was of help HETTY
Old 06-23-2008, 06:06 PM

Thank you Hetty yes your information helped me. I know for sure I want to go on the glass bottom boat to sea the living creatures below and hopefully some dolphins cause I love them. I would love to get close to the dolphins but I can't stand in waist deep water only thigh high for medical reasons but not sure if they can make an acception like that as this has been a dream for me all of my life but if not I will find something else to do. Thank you for letting me know the curbs are accessible that was important. Shana

Closed Thread

Tags
accessibility, cruises, disabled, doyou, golden, handicapped, port, princess, princessusing, scooter, scooters, ship, shiphandicap, tendered, wheelchair