Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > General Cruise Chat Questions > Disabled Travel Forum
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2002, 04:31 AM

I am considering Constellation's Transatlantic repositioning cruise from Costa Rica to Harwich in April 2003. I have sailed on Galaxy and had the most wonderful experience. Does anybody have any experience of a wheelchair trip on Constellation?
Old 10-07-2002, 04:31 AM

I am considering Constellation's Transatlantic repositioning cruise from Costa Rica to Harwich in April 2003. I have sailed on Galaxy and had the most wonderful experience. Does anybody have any experience of a wheelchair trip on Constellation?
Old 10-07-2002, 05:04 AM

Boy, did you ask the right person. Let me correct you before I tell you about the Constellation. The trip goes from San Juan, Puerto Rico, and not Costa Rica. I'm looking at a new Celebrity brochure now. It will be in San Juan during winter months, with many, including myself, feeling it's a tremendous waste of a magnificent ship. I have a lengthy cruise review (18 pages)on the Celebrity Constellation site. I wasn't able to get a handicapped room, as I walk with a walker, nor was I even able to see one. There were very straight and direct ways to get from stem to stern, only 3 easy turns instead of the dozen or more on most other ships we've been on. Heavy doors are held open, as they snap into place. Be sure to ask for a seat in dining room (wonderful food) close to the back door, as this can get a little tight if you have to go towards the back. I wrote the review based on a handicapped point of view. It has my email address listed, so I would be willing to answer any questions you might have. Constellation is wonderful for the handicapped, and treat you marvelous. I can't wait to get back on to it. As far as the review, I would suggest that due to length, you print it out and read at leisure. Good luck, and will be expecting to hear from you. You have a beautiful country, and sorry we didn't do an add on during the cruise. Sue [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Closed Thread

Tags
celebrity, constellation, handicapped, room